close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rush Run Question?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crappie fanatic, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Has anyone ever fished for trout the day they let them go?was thinking about going tomorrow just wondered if you could catch them so soon?

2. I fished for a lot of trout the second they stocked them and done very well
    more often then not. The day after is better but I would still get out and enjoy some early season trout'n. Where is rush run?

3. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

That the fish hit with an hour of being put in. I've also heard it is very crowded on that day also.

4. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

You can catch them pretty quickly after they are released. Use the yellow power bait trout bites, I think they are the best for those stocked fish. If you cant get that, go with corn or worms. Good luck

5. How many pounds do they stock ?

Are they pretty much caught out within a couple weeks or do they stock enough that they are being caught for a while ?

Where are some good spots for a bank fisherman to fish for them ?

and finally whats some of the better ways to catch them at Rush Run ?

Is it pretty crowded the first weekend after they stock and then drops off ?

only place that i've ever fished for trout in ohio is at the paylakes around middletown and i'm wondering if the ways that work at them are the same ways to go after them at Rush Run ?

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

7. I should of been clearer on my original post.
    I know where Rush Run is as I squirrel hunt there.
    I have never fished there before though and I just
    learned that they stock trout there, thats why I was
    asking the questions in my previous post.
    Thanks for the reply though.

8. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

My response was to ChrisB (post #2). He asked at the end of his post where it was located.