Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard rumors that Rush Run holds a pond somewhere.

If this is true, can someone point me in the right direction?

JC

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The map is appreciated. I might have to go check the pond out early Sat. morn.
Anyone else interested?

JC

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used to fish the pond occasionally, but have not been back in 5 years or so . I always fished for bass in the pond. There are some bass, crappie, and bluegill in there, though while bass fishing, I never caught more than three or four bass in a trip. I used to wade the pond and fish in the weeds/cattails. Very rarely did I ever see anyone else fishing the pond while I was there. If you want to bass fish, I would stick to Rush Run Lake rather than the pond. When I had a smaller boat than I do now, I used to fish the lake about 50 times a year. Tons of small bass, with a couple monsters swimming around in there. My biggest bass ever came from there, over 6 pounds, and I had some others over 5 pounds. But 9 out of 10 fish i caught were 12 inchers. The best time to fish it, and only time in my opinion in the summer, is after dark. And yes, before anyone asks, you are allowed to fish the lake after dark, the sign is a bit misleading. I fished that lake almost exclusively after 10 pm until early into the morning. If you still need more proof, just ask the local DNR officer, unless something has changed in the last five years, fishing is allowed 24 hours a day. The only problem I had with fishing there after dark was a not-so-safe feeling around the parking lots/ramp, where it was complete darkness, no lights. I never had any problems there myself, but during the years I fished it, some really bad things happened around there, so take a friend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts