close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rush Creek

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by SAUGER, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Has Any Fished Rush Creek Lake? I Heard That It Is A Good Crappie Lake.

2. Great Crappie lake if you are looking for someplace to catch some fish. However, last year I needed to catch 10-15 fish before I would boat a keeper. But nonetheless it does have some crappie in it.

Tony

3. bassteaser1

bassteaser1 Feared by all that swim

whats the trick there?I have never put together a good pattern there.There are like 10 million different trees to fish.I tried looking for offshore structure but only manage a few fish per trip.Bass seem nonexistent there

4. I'm intereseted in some tips too, I plan on fishing there more offten this year

5. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

No first hand experience here but since I'm going there this year I've asked some people and they said it was indeed a good lake for bass, although small, and gills and crappie. I was there many years ago and there was a slot limit. I think the crappie fishing has improved lately. I've heard good things about Oakthorpe too.

6. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

For early spring crappies try east of the ramp south shore. The old river channel runs real close to shore in that area and the crappies stage there. Get yourself a map of the lake and you will find many other areas like the one I described. You will also see roadbeds on the map, which are good spots to try for some channel cats. I don’t chase bass so I can’t help you much but I do know there are some biggins in that lake. There still is a min length on bass.