Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well,I'm not gonna say where I was fishing.But,I'll give you as much info as I can.Fish were ALL caught right in the edge of the major weed beds.Picked up quite a few weeds trying to stay right on the edges.Bass seemed to be just inside the edge,while the crappie were suspended close to the bottom just outside the edges.The Saugeye,I believe was under the crappie waiting for an easy meal.Luckily,he found my slow,small,deep crank before a little crappie.Can't tell you a trolling speed as I don't have any idea.I feel my bait and how it's working,what it's hitting,etc. and adjust.Best I can do as far as info.I probably will go again this week or weekend.Will report back good or bad.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Rupert is 7 miles from my house and i fish it about 7-10 times a month...its an ok lake but is swamped with weeds. The only time i go there is if i just want to get out and fish somewhere for a couple hours. Most time i travel to farther locations. Alot of fish but usually run small...you can catch 7" crappie all day and maybe get 1 or 2 bigger. Same for bass most fish 10 - 12". There some big ones in there but the same can be said for any lake.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep,Rupert isn't very good.MUCH better places to go.Its not even worth the bother.And I just fished 11/2 hrs (11:30-1:30p)wading banks of my home lake(closest to me) and only caught 2 keeper saugeye,a 12lb channel a 5lb. Channel,a 18" lmb and a 15" lmb.It sucks here too.Again,don't bother.:rolleyes:

Sent from my VS870 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Weekly bass tourny on tuesdays take on average 3-5 lbs to win with a 7 fish limit. Usually 12 to 15 boats. I just dont want to mislead someone who might come from 3 hours away thinking its a rocky fork or burr oak. Any new lake is worth fishing for change of scenery and who knows you might have something that hits the lottery for the day. But odds are you will be disappointed at the quality. Look at latest shock survey result. Not so great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is a 5 fish limit.......and there are some big bass in there. For all you non believers, that's great for us local guys. Keeps the fishing pressure down.....lol

Sent from my MB886 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Ill meet you there tuesday and you show me what im missing. Maybe even a side bet :D. Ive seen you twice this year on the lake even talked to ya. Early spring time. Tournies dont lie!!! And the tourny i fished a few tuesdays ago was 7 fish limit and 3.3 lbs won.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.