Runs of the CVNP

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by MSmith2004, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Just really got into fly fishing and after practicing at Kendall and looking at a map of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, noticed a lot of creeks that run into the 'hoga. (i.e. dickerson, langes, salt, & robinson.) Are these good places to fish? Would like to hit smallies and the gills. (and whatever else.) Just to wade through and cool off as well. Also, are these all legal to walk through? I noticed one was near the brandywine c.c. Was thinking of walking salt run from Kendall to the 'hoga. Don't want to walk onto someones property.

2. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

You can fish all the tribs in the CVNP, but most off them are pretty small.
    Do not try netting minnows in the Park though, I got seriously harassed by
    a big, bull **** ranger lady. All I had was a few darters I had netted for my aquarium! Some of those tribs are pretty clean flowing, mightbe worth looking into...

3. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Like creek crawler said most are small and full of baitfish. You'd be better off in the main river. Some really look tempting but this isn't Pennsylvania. Give me a holler if you want to fish some smaller water I might have one for you although it's not a run.

4. creekcrawler

Salt Run is small. Probably too small to fish.

Down from Kendall Lake are the remains of where they tried to set up a salt-boiling operation that dates back to around the 1850's.
    Pretty sweet- had to do some hiking to find it.
    You might try the trib by Szalay's Corbn stand-it's a little bigger, but I can't remember the name of it.

5. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Thats yellow creek i believe. Not much depth to it though.

6. ddd

ddd

Anyone ever fish that stretch of the Cuyahoga that runs right by Szeleys when you cross over the little bridge. ? Looks nice but I've never seen or heard of anyone fishing it.

7. creekcrawler

Never fished it, but I'm sure there's fish there.
    Not sure how much shore access you'd have though.
    I remember a guy a few years ago saying he cut his trail in with a machete!