Ruminator's first steel!!!

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by steelheadBob, Nov 2, 2008.

1. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

Me and Ruminator headed out Sat. and hit the Ash.. we started downstream and walked up hitting all the holes we can find and get a line wet. water was up alittle and flow was to. had that brown tea color tint to it due to all the leaves. Jim hooked into his first steel ever and now he's hooked. He lost a good 10-12 pounder. we got into alot of fish with all hitting on chart. green sacks, one on white and one on green sucker spawn. Jim has most of the pics we took. It was a good day to get out with a good friend.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. steelheadBob

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Very Nice Bob, Glad to Jim got into them. You'll have to raise your fees now!:p

4. steelheadBob

No fee's dale, that was just two goods friends getting out for a day. Im still waiting for you to hit the river with me LOL

5. Hey Bob that spot looks very familiar lol. We headed out today and got around 15 all hit on pink sacks.

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks for my first steelie Bob! :B

And thanks guys!
    It was a fantastic day, thats for sure. I got to land the first steelie that I had hit me. Pics and a good release.
    Then I got broken off by his big brother Bubba. :p

I always love new experiences, and Saturday Bob did a great job of showing me the world of steelhead fishing! I also saw and got pics of him catching and releasing a number of steelhead too. Time spent with a friend, the great weather, and fall colors, it was all good. :cool:
    Its another great type of fishing experience.

I'll be posting here with a couple pics from the day also. :D

The great day will be remembered always. Thanks again for the memories of a great day Bob! ;)

7. Very nice fellas very nice.

8. Nice job guys. Congrats Jim!!!

9. bigcats28

bigcats28 I'd Rather Be FISHING

Nice fish, guys. I have yet to get out this year as I'm attending college at Ohio Wesleyan University, and i play football so the weekends havent been good for me to get up to Steelhead Alley. Any of you guys heading out on Thanksgiving morning?