Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met Lundy at Cranberry Creek and we started with a moderate chop that built into the perfect walleye drift conditions. Two foot waves and a steady breeze. These conditions slowly built into three and four footers as the wind increase and slowly turned from WSW to West. Through it all we caught fish.
Gobie's, white perch, farm animals (which Lundy claimed to have never caught befro :rolleyes:), and walleye. We ended up with eight nice walleye in the 2.5 to 3 pound range. The waves continued to build to four and five footers so we decided to head in. A real slow ride directly into the waves, a few which were over five and then blasting into the Cranberry slot with a nasty following sea.
Everything came on gold in 21 t0 25 fow.
Here are a few pictures that I got of Lundy with his "First"

Attachments

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lundy and his "First and prized Farm Animal". :rolleyes: He even hypnotized the fish befor releasing it so he could watch it float around the boat for a minute or two! :cool: I'm not kidding, just ask him, Lundy that is. :D

Attachments

·
useless poster
8,804 Posts
fished there monday afternoon in 2-4's trolled and drifted from 1 mile west of cc to the castle and only got 1 dink in 6 hrs..???????

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
not a bad day.i'm sure it was an adventure,sliding into home plate.
with conditions like that,getting into cranberry would be like threading a needle :eek:

kim,congrats on your "very first" sheephead.must have been a real thrill :D ;)
i'm still anticipating catching my "first" :rolleyes: ;)

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
Yes, I caught my first, second, third, forth, fifth, sixth, ....................112th, 113th......

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
Freyedknot,

We, a couple of boats, will be fishing this area again on Friday. You are welcome to join us out there.

Kim

·
Fishin' Fanatic
261 Posts
How do I get to Ruggles from the turnpike? Is there a fee to launch and what are the ramps like? I'm hoping to make a trip up tomorrow for some 'eyes.

Thanks

·
geriatrics supporter
358 Posts
First time I took my youngest son (26) out on Erie we went out in 3's that grew into 6's or better from the ENE and we had to blast into the Cranberry slot. He has never went with me to erie since. :(
Thats great on the eyes. Drifting is my favorite way to fish for eyes. :) I know at times trolling will put fish in the box faster but there is nothing like feeling an eye inhaling a harness. :D

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
Dave,

I'm not good with road names, just know how to get there.

Two options, Vermilion Municipal ramp . Take a look on mapquest. Ramp is on just south and on the west sdie of where rt 6 crosses the Vermilion river. You can see the ramp from the bridge. You have about a mile of channel to reach the lake. When you reach the lake run west aprrox 2 miles and fish in 20-26 fow.

Cranberry Marina - Rt 2 to rt 61. Take 61 north to dead end. Turn Right. Cranberry is about 1/2 mile on your left. Immediate acces to the lake. When on lake run to the east approx 1-2 miles and fish same depths, It's the same location.

Both ramps have a $6 ramp fee. A single ramp, fairly steep but good at Cranberry. Two ramps at Vermilion, both good.

You can reach me on ch 79 "Too Short"

Sorry I can't give you better directions. Give mapquest a try.

·
Fishin' Fanatic
261 Posts
Lundy -

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping to make it up tomorrow but my buddy wants me to fish a muskie tourney. We'll see who wins out. Some 'eyes in the cooler would be great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts