Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My report is basically the same as the others--small spoons ( mostly orange/purple flavors--esp. confusion, raspberry dolphin, & Kevorkian) on 20 jets 50-60 feet back, around 2 mph (1.8 on depthfinder, 2.8 on GPS). First time running jets/boards/spoons--I'm liking that program. My partner was an old salmon troller so I learned a bit of spoon/jet/board stuff. Unfortunately, our combined arsenal of spoons (mostly larger trout/salmon stuff) was not quite what the walleye favored so we had to work a little harder to get our fish in the boat. I didn't get the chance to run crankbaits this trip.

Two observations--copper vs. silver seemed to make a big difference. More importantly, we were able to target 22" average fish by using the GPS and fishing "our" pack(s) of fish instead going with the flotilla. I noticed the same thing last summer when I was basically trying to learn the area while staying out of everyone else's way. Learning to use the GPS effectively will improve my succes out there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts