Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched out of Cranberry Creek around 3:45pm and radioed Lundy and Lewis who were checking out deep water, 37 feet. I headed for shallower water of 24 feet in the area we fished Wednesday. Quickly hit two walleye, one on a harness with bouncer and one on a weight forward which I was casting. Lost the bouncer fish. :( Lundy and Lewis came in shallower and also started catching walleye, gobies, catfish, perch and sheepshead, just like me. :rolleyes:
Ended up in eighteen feet of water and had a limit. :D Two fish landed on the bouncer and three on the weight forward. Last two fish came on an eight count. Also lost four walleye.
Lewis and lundy had nine fish also. A profitable afternoon. Tomorrow I'll head for Eastlake with Lundy and some serious trolling. Hope to tie into a steelhead. :cool:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey Ron,
I am Glad that you are getting into some Walleyes. I have been helping
my sister and brother-in-law clear some land. (Track Hoe and D6 Dozer) We are now waiting on word from the bank to start a basement and put in a septic system. I have not wet a line since we went out of Cleveland. :( Maybe tomorrow???? Thanks for sharing your info!!!! Looks like you guys had a great day!! Good Luck today!!! :D Stan

Our Distant View of Cleveland!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Shortdrift was wondering where cranberry creek is ?? I am at Winkes on Catawba is it close to there. Thanks for any info.Good luck fishing Dave

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are docked at Winkes you can easily make the run to Ruggles. I used to do it all the time when I had my twenty three footer. Ruggles Reef is about 3 miles West of Vermilion River. Your chart should show the area.

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
It was fun fishing with you and Lewis again.

I just cleaned those fish, I see what you mean about the walleye having a bunch of fat.

Thanks for the great afternoon on the water.

Kim

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,509 Posts
Thanks Lundy...That fishing trip was exactly what I needed!
I had a great time.
Short..It was good to see you too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts