Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Ruggles tommorow for some small mouth action. My buddy wants mess around a little for walleye. Need some help never fished walleye there. I read some earlier posts of walleye being caught in that area. Are they still in that area and whats the best way to catch em

·
Registered
48 Posts
There should still be walleye in that area. Try either a bottom bouncer with a worm harness or a weight forward spinner (i.e. Erie Dearie) tipped with a crawler. I am, of course assuming that your will be drifting/casting for the eyes.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have heard rumors that the May Fly hatch is on.
I dont know first hand of it.
If it is on, use a Harness with a bottom bouncer or enough split shot to get it close to the bottom. Tip with a piece of crawler1 1/2 to 2 inches long.

·
Registered
801 Posts
There's still a few walleye there,but you'll have to work for them.The big school that was there a couple weeks ago seems to have moved out.The smallmouth's are still there though.Try fishing right out on the reef from 14'-23'.Drifting tubes or trolling cranks are both working well,if the lake is real flat,vertical jigging blades works well also-if the zebra's don't get you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts