Ruger Red Label 28 GA English Stock

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by papaperch, Dec 14, 2007.

1. papaperch

papaperch

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

If you are in the market for a 28 gauge you probably already know about this model. Ruger's 28 receiver was engineered around the 28 . All the other makes just shaved down their 20 gauge receiver. This particular specimen has very nice wood attached to it. The pictures hardly do it justice. A total of 5 choke tubes and of course the choke tool. It sports an English style straight stock instead of the American pistol grip. I used this gun for sporting clays , and upland game. The price on it is 800.00. Go price one to see what a deal this is. Blued barrels with the stainless receiver make it one of Rugers finest.

Attached Files:

2. Crawl

Crawl

0   0   0

That IS a sweet gun! Never ever heard a complaint on that particular gun! Well worth the price you're asking for it!

3. Nice looking rig...wish I had the cash but I have all but exhausted my gun budget the last 6 weeks or so, I had a Remington 870 Express in 28 gauge and sold it a couple years back, I regret that choice now.

4. JOHNB

JOHNB

0   0   0

What barrel length? How long have you owned it, was it new when you bought it? What's the weight?

5. papaperch

papaperch

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

26" barrels ,12 + years , brand new when bought. 5-1/2 to 6lb

Still have box in came in also.

6. Artvonr

Artvonr

0   0   0

I live in Texas. Would I have to purchase the gun through a Federal Licensed Gun Dealer? How does it Work? Thanks Art

7. papaperch

papaperch

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I would assume an FFL dealer could handle the transaction for you. You would have to check with one them for the legalities and the proper procedure.

8. What you would do is go to your local gunshop and ask them if they would handle the transfer for you, if they will most of the time(not all) they will give you a signed copy of there FFL and you mail it to the seller along with the payment for the gun, the seller them ships it to the address on the FFL, then you handle your background check at the shop, over the years I have talked to a few shops here in the Columbus area about handling a transfer for me and the price has ranged anywhere from $35 to 10% of the purchase price.