close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rudi signs five year deal

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Bassnpro1, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Espn.com just reported that the bengals agreed to a five year 26 million dollar deal with rudi. I was skeptical of over paying rudi since he can only play two downs and must be taken out for third downs, but it could have been worse i guess. This means that the core skill players( Palmer, Chad, Rudi, and TJ) are pretty much locked up til the end of the decade. Should free up the cap room to sign our draft picks also without having to release a big name(hopefully). Now if only we could stop the run since we are in a running division. The offense should be fun to watch though!

2. As a STEELER fan, I was hoping that they would let Rudi walk! There seems to be a general feeling in the NFL that 1000 yard backs are easy to replace. I don’t care what system a RB is in, you have to have a lot of talent to go 1500!

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Lamont Jordan got that kind of money w/ the Raiders & hes a 4 ear backup. I bet I checked bengals.com 100 times yesterday hoping I would see this news. I love it.

I also think Bryan Robinson will help stop the run.

4. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

Courtney Brown is available. He'd be great for the Bengals. ;)

5. H2O Mellon

Not being a Browns fan, so I dont knwo the whoel story, but youd think Cortney Brown si better than what hes shown the last couple years. he had a good rookie season. Hopefully he can turn things around.

6. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Good move for the good guys! Now we can hit the free agent market somewhat. Courtney Brown might not be bad---AT the league minimum salary. :)

So far:

1. Rudi signed
    2. TJ signed
    3. Bryan Robinson signed.

So far so good.

Go Bengals!!

:)

7. H2O Mellon

I still look for them to cut Warrick. It sounds like Rich Branhm will be resigned once he passes a phyiscal plus they will have to sign the rookies. Rich is ranked as the #1 Free Agent Center out there.

8. catking

catking Banned

FINALLY !!! we have somebody in coach Lewis that has Mike Browns attention. And make no mistake about this. It is ALL Lewis getting what he wants to win. I've followed the Bengals since 1967 and this is the FIRST season they have signed that many big money players. This is GREAT !!! It's great for our division . Pittsburgh , Baltimore, Cleveland & Cincinnati. I LOVE that division.................. THE CATKING !!!

9. H2O Mellon

King, not only does he have Browns attention, but his wallett!!! I'm excited!

10. Yea, nobody before got Mike Browns wallets attention.

11. H2O Mellon

execpt for untalented 1st rd picks like Klinger, Wilkinson, Carter and Gosh I hope I'm wrong but........ Chris Perry may be a bust too.