close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rude fisherman....... again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mean Morone, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Well, my buddy Lunkerhuntin and I hit Todd's fork for some suckers. Lunkerhuntin caught one about 1 1/2 LB right away. I thought we would just slay them. Then a feller shows up with his waders on. Lunkerhuntin and I look at each other and think this guy will go up stream or down stream and cut us some slack. Nope. He wades in about 30 ft up stream from Lunkerhuntin and wades out right to where Lunkerhuntins bait is sitting. He crosses him three times before Lunkerhuntin gets up and moves down stream from me. We made a couple of comments about how long the creek is, and how much fishable water there is, to no avail. This guy kept right on fishing and acted like there was no problem. Ruined our sucker fishing for the day.

2. Should've casted a few times right in front of him and around him. Oooops I'm sorry man I guess I just can't aim this thing right. Then a few more times till he got the hint.

3. a guy did this in mich when we were salmon fishing. walked on line twice...thats enough a big treble hook and .....RIP...WENT HIS WADERS. HE WAS MAD...HA HA HA HA HA.

4. Dingo

Dingo

Good job. Now you and your friend Lunkerhuntin are ready to see some real geniuses at work in the lake erie tribs for steelhead. This type of action is too common, and seems to be the way to secure a good spot, since most will leave once they are frustrated by their actions. I fished a bit on Sunday for the first weekend trip to the erie tribs in a few seasons. Now I see why I stay away on weekends. One of my normal weekday spots (holds three fisherman with some elbow room) had eight on Sunday. Two were standing in the middle of one of the runs that I normally catch fish. The whole river was packed.

Crowding on Todd's fork? There are too many fisherman out there. That was one of my spots to hit for smallies where I could nearly guarantee a relaxing day without being crowded out.

5. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

Remember that the average IQ is a score of 100 and that means that HALF of the population is below 100!!! :eek:

PL..........

6. Bucktail

Bucktail Banned

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later, me getting a post deleted of course. :D Catking explained it to me via pm and I don't have a problem with it. I should have clarified the ending of the post where it looked like I was demeaning the person who did it with the iq quote, I was not trying to offend and if I did you have my sincere apology. :) Get it right next time King :D :D , I wanted to re-post it but I forgot exactly how I worded it, so I'm not taking a chance this time but there will be a next time. You can take that to the bank.... :D

7. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

Bucktail,

I was just trying to make a light hearted joke. Dingo posted "ready to see some real geniuses" and my post followed that one and kind of fit in with his comment. :)

PL.........

8. I have a huge respect for steelhead. Steelhead are one fish that I've always dreamed of catching. But I will not go near any steelhead stream if I can't catch one without doing battle for a spot to fish, first. If that's what you have to do to fish for them, then I'm glad I live 4 hours from the nearest steelhead stream.

I like to fish just like the good book says....Treat fisherman the way you would like to be treated. (I know, it's a bit of a stretch)

ps....I would still love to catch a steelhead, and I will some day.

9. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Bucktail, ribbing or insulting a moderator here is your sure-fire ticket outta here. THere is an absolute NO TOLERANCE policy here against someone complaining about a moderator's action. Got it!? GOOD. Don't LIKE IT? Fine, just let me know right here right now and you are free to go about your business elsewhere.

We have 'zero' tolerance against a public outcry against the moderators here. If you don't like it, sorry. That's the way it is and that's the way it's going to be. If you don't like it, move on.

10. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

Mean Morone,

I fish during the week for Steelhead and don't really ever have a problem. Sure there are a few people fishing but just walk down stream from the parking areas for 10 or 15 minutes and you will be by yourself all day and on the weekends you will leave 90% of all fisherman behind you. When you get that first Steelhead post a pic. :)

PL..........

11. Dingo

Dingo

Keys to getting steelhead:

* Go during the week.
    * Get a good contact near a river. River timing is the most important key to success.
    * Collect information from locals about specific areas or types of structure to fish. We can be bribed pretty easily.
    * Don't rule out the lakefront. Many steelies are caught early season (Sept./Oct.) from the lakefront. Fresh fish (decent eating too) with a lot of room to run.
    * Remain flexible. Carry different types of bait/lures - fly fishing or spin fishing.
    * Did I mention, go during the week?