close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rt 82 Dam

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by smallie, Jun 23, 2008.

1. smallie

smallie smallmouth icon

i saw signs posted on the tracks you ain't allowed to wade or fish past the 82 dam bridge because of eagle nesting. how long will this last? that's some prime water if you know how to fish it.

2. those have been there for a while, the tree below the dam on the railroad side is the farthest point that is posted. I dont know how far down is supposed to be restricted though it doesnt say.

3. Eagle nesting vs fishing?

Its a no brainer imo. As sportsmen, our first responsibility is to foster the natural developement of ALL species.

I am hoping the eagles are given all the protection they may need to re-establish in the CVNP. It will be a better place with them naturally present.

4. there are always some people down there with there cameras and i assume trying to get a view of the eagle i have been down there a few times and havent been lucky enough to see it yet. although i agree, its a huge river and plenty of other prime waters to fish.

5. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

They're being very protective of the eagles.
    Last year, I think it was at LaDue, some photographers kept harassing a nest trying to get photos. The pressure made the eagles leave the area, and they left the eaglet in the nest to die. :(

Took a buddy yakking below 82 last season. We got to see a young adult (didn't have the white head and tail yet) and a full grown one in tree about 40 ft over our heads. The young one had a caught a snake about 4 ft long!
    Awesome!! We didn't harass them, they didn't really seem to care about the kayaks.

6. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

I've been told it's going to be at leat into August before they reopen that strtch. He creekcrawler you ever yak up from chippewa creek to highland? You can float back down then. Havent done it this year but wondered about the strainers up that way.

7. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Fishing Pole- Haven't been up that way yet.
    It's on my list of places to fish though 'cause it does look like you could paddle upstream pretty easily there.

8. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

You're in luck. They lifted the restrictions yesterday. The eaglet apparently fledged and left the nest.

9. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Guess i got the worng info. Thanks..rivers high and muddy though.