close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RRP Report

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by smalliehunter, Jun 15, 2004.

1. smalliehunter

smalliehunter "The Mighty Wing Man"

THe RRP hit the river last night. The river was not in very good shape, it was about a foot high and very very muddy........ managed a channel on a spinnerbait and two missed hits on a rebel minnow........ :rolleyes: Hope the conditions stabilize soon......... :eek:

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey smallie- You talkin about the EF river ??? I hope I didn't steer you guys wrong. CATKING

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

the conditions in the rivers wont get better till winter, we are doomed!

4. catking

catking Banned

I hear that Jackson. This season could be the worst in many years, and THAT'S saying alot. CATKING

5. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

Hey guys,

Unfortunately the conditions thus far in '04 are simply a continuation of '03! No good at all for the river / stream angler... rain, rain, rain, and more rain. I personally have not seen a river or stream yet this spring that has been truly clear and normal level. :(

Heck, the Pack is heading north this weekend for what was supposed to be one of our Mighty Muskingum flathead trips -- the Big M is currently up over five feet, that puts it well out of the banks and into the woods. Even our "backup plan" Dillon Lake is flooded right now! :confused:

Jack, I know you have said it before -- springtime fishin in Ohio, at least for us river guys, just doesn't seem possible anymore! :eek:

6. smalliehunter

Hey King....... no biggie man.......i have seen one section of a river be a mess and 3 miles downstream, be just fine........... :eek: .........

The rivers are just horrible this year......... last year i thought was bad, this year is even worse............ seems we are getting more rain, when it does rain, then i can remember...... :mad: .........even the times when the river this year was somewhat stable, the fishing has not been that great........dismal at best......... cant understand the sudden decline in fishing activity on the local rivers.......... for bass that is. '03 like Tharris mentioned was not good at all, and now '04 is shaping up to be even worse...... i am ready to hang up my wading sneakers and paylake it!! :eek: :eek: ........... or become a full time golfer!!!!!!

7. flathunter

Remember guys, last year we set a all time high with rainfall for august, with over 10inches...I hope beyond hope that this ends one of these years.

8. catking

catking Banned

I hear ya smallie. I just crossed my river this morning, and it looks fine. But I've also seen where within a few hours, it's muddy and a little high. We haven't gotten the really heavy rains by me, but further south, just a mile or so, they had a huge down pour. Oh well, hey, I did see two smallies up this way that went about 3# each :eek: But no takers. Good Luck to you guys..... DA KING !!!

9. THarris

... and get some of them fancy Pings you used in Vegas. Anyone who can shoot +3 on an 18 hole professional course can get their PGA Tour Card... :eek: :rolleyes: :D

PS. Nice paylake comment .... don't even get me started! :mad: ;) We'll both become full time golfers before that is an option...

10. smalliehunter

Dont tempt me with that "river looks fine" comment............ i may just make it up that way.... let me ask......... above or below the flashing light bridge spot?????????

Flat......... i hope soon real soon, we get a drought going....... tired of all this rain, we cant seem to get a week straight without any rain!!!!

Tharris....... now do you want me to start on the yard sale golf clubs and the scores i am posting with these yard sale clubs and the scores you are posting with your 500 dollar clubs........ :D :D

11. THarris

First, I haven't spent $500 on all the golf clubs I've bought in my whole life added up...

Second, correct me if I am wrong .... but I sent you and your yard sale clubs packing the last two times we've played... Back to back arse whoopings is what you got! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

12. flathunter

The scioto where I fish is approaching flood stage, bad thing is they are holding back water in Deer creek and paint creek lake both of which are ten ft above summer pool..So guess what soon as the Scioto goes down they will have to start dumping these lakes and back up it comes. :mad: ..I try not to get upset, because we cant controll the weather but enough is enough :mad:

13. smalliehunter

I hear ya calling me out........... trying to get my competitive juices flowing.......... a challenge within the RRP.......... used to be bassin numbers now its strokes on the course......... what has this world come too??!! :eek:

14. I was hoping that this year was going to be dryer. But the recent weather and your comments have me thinking that this year on the Hocking will not be good. Seems like last year it was always high and muddy when I could get out. Looks like I'll have to stick to ponds to pull me through this year! :D

15. smalliehunter

I wish we had some ponds down this way to hit when the rivers were blown out......... The RRP has very close"growing up" ties to the Cadiz Ohio area where strip pit ponds were numerous......... man nothing like a full day walking the ol's valleys finding new ponds with crystal blue water, standing timber and water grass........ pulling in several 4-6 lb LM............. man......

16. makes for less pressured water. I've done pretty good in the in between flooding times, although its been rough to hit that window. When all calms down we should have some good river fishing. :D