close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

RRP Bassin Report 08/29/04 -- two PBs

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by THarris, Aug 30, 2004.

1. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

The River Rat Pack was very pleased to discover that the recent rainfall had not effected the local rivers and decided to take advantage of the prime conditions. We began wading late in the afternoon and found the bass to be in a very aggressive mood! We lipped 10 bass between us, with several others hooked and "quick released" :rolleyes: ... It was an excellent evening for the RRP to say the least as Smallie & I both posted personal best river smallies!

Smalliehunter indeed lived up to his name by nailing two very impressive river smallies -- one a bona fide MONSTER ... Although this GIANT beast was actually caught first, I will save the picture for last... it deserves to be the grand finale to this post!

Tom's other impressive smallie:
    [​IMG]

Myself with a decent spot:
    [​IMG]

We caught several spots of various sizes and every one of them had a belly that appeared ready to burst!

Me with my PB river smallmouth:
    [​IMG]

And without further delay -- what you have all been waiting for -- Smalliehunter's incredible GODZILLA SIZED river smallie:
    [​IMG]

Close up:
    [​IMG]

In MANY YEARS of river wading, this was hands down the longest, thickest, biggest, baddest smallie the RRP has ever landed! Good job my friend!

2. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Great Job on the SM Bass. Got to love those scrappy jumbers! I do. :)

Tee

3. smalliehunter

smalliehunter "The Mighty Wing Man"

It just doesnt get any better then that!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

excellent my man, excellent!

5. Great job guys! I love the river smallie action as well. Those are some nice pictures.

I am curious to hear how you carry the camera and keep it dry? I have often wanted to take one but I was afraid to ruin the camera.

6. Bass_Hawg

Bass_Hawg Certified Hawg Master

Nice fish. Looks like you guys had a great day.

7. THarris

THarris CHASING THE BIG 'UNS

I place the digital camera in the side pouch of my fanny pack and take no special precautions in keeping it dry. When we encounter water over waist deep while wading, I simply go to the bank and walk around that area. I have used the same camera for 3 or 4 years without ruining it yet! (knock on wood)

8. I am just not that brave. I rarely stay dry from the waist down and I would prbably be too worried about to enjoy the fishing.:rolleyes:

9. catking

catking Banned

Beautiful fish guys !!! The RRP is making up for last season I see ;) .I'm really happy to see this kind of smallies in the rivers.Thanks for the report guys :) THE CATKING !!!

10. smalliehunter

smalliehunter "The Mighty Wing Man"

Was dismal, but we are surely making up for it now!!!!!!!! ;)

11. Those are some very nice smallies! I'm glad that the smallie action is starting to pick-up.