close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Roundtown Bassmasters

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Nickadams, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I don't have anything to do with this club, but I fished their open last year. It was one of the better opens that I went to. They had tons of door prizes and everything ran very smoothly. If anyone is looking for a tournament this weekend I would definetly reccomend this one. It is at Alum Creek Sat 4/16. As of Monday the Gander in Hilliard still had flyers for it.

2. BUzzman and I are fishing the open this weekend at Alum. We're excited except that the lake is none to cooperative at this time. The water is still cold, muddy, and yesterday the wind was wiping the banks. I'm heading up there this morning to have another go at it. So far, there are only 20 boats in the pool. Hope more folks just show up at the ramps.

Eric

3. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

I have fished about 8 hrs on Alum for bass (over a couple day period) and have caught one fish. It has been tough, but at least I eliminated some water :D At least it will be a nice day, I hope the wind dies down a little. If I remember correctly there were over 30 boats last year.

4. The lake seems to be way behind Buckeye, as far as temp is concerned. Not that I didn't expect that, but it seemed the lake would be a little warmer than it is. We fished northof 36 and 37 and found 55 degree water but not much going on. We've been splitting time at Buckeye since we have a club tourney there next week.

Buzz and I will be fishing tomorrow evening too, I think. more or less just checking some other areas out. See you at the ramp, we'll be in Buzz's Ranger, maroon, gold, and white.

Good Luck,

Eric

5. GREENFISH77

GREENFISH77 Team BAss Xtreme

Me and Hydrasport73 will be there as well. Dont know if we'll catch any, but at least we'll show up :) We've been there a few times this past week and have only gotten two bites and one was a saugeye :( I sure hope they turn on by SAT.

6. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Look out crappies , here I come ! :D Good luck to every-one . :)

7. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

We will be in the old Skeeter (blue & white). More problems w/ the Pro-Craft :(

8. Finally get to meet Phil face to face, looking forward to it. I'd like to see them turn on too, I just don't see it happening. It should be a great day at least, like NIck said. We've prefished a few days after work, but haven't drummed anything up. I think we'll develop a game plan this evening, and just go with it. See you guys at the ramp.

Eric

9. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

It took 8 fish weighing 15 lbs to win. It was the only limit of the day. Personally I didn't catch anything, but ya know what? I got so much free stuff that they almost gave me my money back :D A shirt, some stuff to clean my car, a knife. and a $50 gift card to Dick's! I would give it all up to know where that guy found 8 willing fish. The fish that were brought in were big and round, they had been eating for sure. I am going back today to get skunked again :D

10. Adam,

It sure was nice meeting you, Phil, and Greenie at the weigh-in. I don't think the winning team is going to give any secrets away. I didn't see them except at launch. So, I figured they went north of Chesire because Scott and I never went north of that to fish. Maybe we should have. Glad to see you went right back at those fish. I am obviously more dejected than you are. I decided to stay away from the lake today, and give it a go tomorrow at Buckeye. I just have to call my buddy to see if he wants to go. Good luck!

Eric

11. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

Todd Thompson (boatboys team) always do well on the smallys (wins a lot of tournments on alum in april & may)

12. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

It was nice meeting you and Buzzman as well. Good luck at your Tourny on Buckeye. Hope things are a little better there than at Alum :rolleyes: BTW I got :S again today

13. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Nice to finally meet Warpath & Buzzman . :) Good luck at Buckeye . This was the best open tourny that I have ever been to . They have a huge sponsor base and no-one left empty handed . Boat Boys even brought the "new" release boat out . I believe that they are letting it be used in most of the State tourny's . :) What a great way to help out the State Federation .

We didnt get even a short fish all week . :( Todd and Fred are always tough to beat this time of year . They can realy pattern the fish very well . Congrats on the win guys ! And good luck with your venture with the NBAA .

14. It was good meeting you guys... I agree, Roundtown does do a very nice tournament.

15. wish i could go to the big one on the 7th of may...Mother's"DAY" weekend. Gotta go to Ytown. Gator'll be there... Maybe he can cash a check without me.