close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rouge River Canoe

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oucat, Jun 21, 2007.

1. I am thinking about buying a 3 person Rouge River 14 Canoe, but am not sure about the quality. It has nice features, but it is plastic, which kind of concerns me. I think I can get them down to $250. Has anyone had any experience with these boats, or advice?
    Thanks

2. i have one and love it. Is it green with a seat/cooler in the middle and some cup holders molded in it? Its a very tough canoe but a little heavy. Does great in the creeks because it has no keel so you can turn it on a dime and go through just a few inches of water. Does not track great in open water but can be managed, I have used mine on Hargus many times. I got mine brand new about 8 or 9 years ago and its been awsome. How old is it? 250 seems a little high cause I think they are only around 400 brand new.

3. Yes, that is the canoe for sale. I dont know if I can get them to go any lower. It does show used, but not many major problems.

4. 250 may not be bad, its probably newer than mine. I was thinking that 250 would be too much for mine since it was only 400 new and its 8 or 9 years old, the one your looking at is probably newer. Its a great canoe though and like a tank, very tough. Its also very stable, not many canoes this short are this wide. If it looks to be in good shape buy it. I have rammed it into some rocks pretty hard before and only have a few scratches on it.