Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see now: Four weeks on my back in bed followed by three weeks of rehab and finally told I could leave the house and even try fishing. All set to hit the Western Basin this weekend with Hetfieldinn, CW261 and Fisherman261:) . Then Mother Nature did it again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wind and rain with 6 to 9 footers. RATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
Patience, grasshopper :) Remeber, the fish are surrounded by land , so they can't go anywhere! :))

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
This is my spring break. And the car that tows my boat is acting funny. :(

·
If your gonna be a bear..
1,188 Posts
Shortdrift I am glad to see your feeling better and up able to get out fishing. I would suggest keeping your plans with that group and get a good ol game of Euchre or poker going and during this you can plan your next outing when the weather is better!

·
The Inferior Fisherman
2,644 Posts
Even if the weather was nice this weekend, don't think I could get the boat out. It is still snowed in! Gonna have to start shoveling again.:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
What can ya do my friend, but im sure u got the itch more than ever... soon you be crossin them fishes eyes with your hook sets!!!

Frank

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Shortdrift....there's no rushin mother nature! Glad to hear you're back on your feet and doing well. Take your time...the fish will be there in a week or three.

Good luck with the 07 season.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I always thought it was me. We get six straight days off every month. Every time the weather ruins my plans. When I retire in August I may personally cause a drastic climatic change conditions for northeast ohio.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,945 Posts
glad to hear your out and about. those fish will be there all season and i'll bet you breakfast that your going to have mother nature ruin another one of your fishing trips before the year is over:( . i know we turned around a few times when we saw the lake last year and plan on it this year. i don't like it but thats my luck:D git em next time

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
Man I totally empathize...

Sure hope the weather turns... Would enjoy hooking up with everyone at the Turtle Creek gathering... just need the weather to give us all a break.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
glad to see your well and wish you a good season,,,,take your time man ,they will wait for you!!!!

·
Lumberjack
1,526 Posts
It is great news to hear you bitchin about the weather and not some health related issue! Glad to know the fire and spunk is back in ya and your ready to hammer the eyes!

As for the weather...I hope the bad stuff is gone by next week...hate to think the Turtle Creek outing could be jeopardized by Ma Nature.

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
...hate to think the Turtle Creek outing could be jeopardized my Ma Nature.
DITTO! Shortdrift, I too am glad to see you biting at the bit. Do you plan on being at the outing at all? I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm really getting worried that ol' Man Winter isn't giving up the ghost soon enough. Like I told porterhouse23, I can handle a little bit of rain next weekend, and I can handle a little bit of cool weather. I just hope the wind cooperates and keeps the waves light and low. There' no way I'm going out there in 8-12 footers. I'd be happy with under 4's. The outing will be my first trip on Erie this year, and my heart's been set on it since I joined the site. Will be really disappointed if it should get called off.

8 days 1 hour til launch!

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
Awesome!!!

·
Registered
11,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The weather will not stop us. If nothing else, we can sit around and tell lies.:D See you at the Outing.:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts