close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rooster...?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Hook N Book, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Where's Rooster...Football season is here and he hasn't posted anything about that yellow and black team from east of here. :D

2. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Probably driftin around in his yak:D

3. catking

catking Banned

Like ALL squealers fans,Rodney,he is probably still in mourning about Cowher leaveing the team. Isn't there something about wearing black for a year ...:p DA KING !!! WHO DEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. No worries Hook N Book, I spent the last few weeks in Hawaii, but in between fishing and surfing, I was able to catch a few quarters on the Steelers last pre-season game.

The FIVE TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS are looking GREAT!

Next year at this time, I will be very surprised if the Steelers don’t have a sixth ring!

I will miss Cowher, But I'm very excited about Iron Mike Tomlin...almost as excited as I am to see that the CatKing is back!

Ben and the passing game are going to surprise a lot of people this year, but FWP and a suffocating D will get the Steelers back into the playoffs.

First up, the Browns……..I think that the NFL has already credited the Steelers with the Win. Why, put the Brown’s fans through the agony of watching yet another slaughter at the hands of the Steelers?

5. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I heard almost that exact same comment from a MI fan last week before the APP State game. ;)

The Steelers SHOULD win, but that's why they play the game. You never know the Steelers may be all hype also:D

6. Should be a defensive struggle with LOTS of field goals.

The Squeelers would do better to run the ball as the Browns have run-stopping issues...

The Browns, if they limit turnovers and stupid mistakes, should be able to kick a few field goals... They have problems scoring TD's...

But, I'm a Browns fan and I hope they win...

BROWNS 12

Squeelers 10

7. Some of you may remember Roosters predictions cost him the right to post in the sports forum. ( A gentlemens bet that he did honor ). So his football acumen is oft overcome by his passion for the black and gold.

Remember he lives in Cinnci but is a steeler fan ??? So his predictions of future events are as suspect as his geographic skills. He dismisses his lack of home team loyalty to his penchant for rooting for the most DOMINANT team.
    So he probably roots for the Yankees in baseball. UUUUGH

8. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Ouch...! Now that one was below the belt. ;)

9. GO BROWNS oh and Steelers and MI still suck

10. As far as geography…let me give a little lesson.....It is a STEELER Nation, and Cincinnati IS Steelers country!

I will concede that a Brown’s victory this weekend is as likely as Appalachian State beating Michigan......again.

11. Now his math skills are suspect also. If a poll were taken in the greater Cincy area I would or could almost guarantee that a preponderance ( that means the biggest part for you steeler fans ) of the sports minded people would be Bengal fans and rightfully so. Saying that OGF or Cincinnati is steeler country is seriously delusional.

ROOSTER quit self-prescribing the way to a better life is not through chemistry.:D

Side bar with the audience - Wonder if Rooster think his kids wading pool is
    big walleye country ? How sad and he was so
    young------:T

12. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

It's true....I live in Akron and get "dawged' about not being a brownie, but I've been a Steelers fan since I was 2.

I for one, welcome our Steel overlords...

Steelers 27
    Pastry Puffs/lil puppies/dawg pound lost and found offense/defense 10

Willie Parker screen pass will dominate!

Here's to you Rooster!

13. Who cares about the Steelers...you are in Browns country!

14. I know lot's of people who jump on the band wagon but true fans ride it out. I have respect for true fans no matter what team they choose but question why they choose that team. Squeal like a pig come Sunday! It's 7:55 and Michigan still sucks!

15. To be fair Rooster did not welch on bet , the bet was for the rest of last season. His self imposed banishment was passed by trading favorite CROW recipes over in the cooking forum. I forgot who he bet with but he guaranteed a steeler victory over the bengals. He also predicted a sixth ring last year , somehow their 8-8 record prevented them from doing it.

( I wish football was a year around sport ) Where else can full grown adults act like idiots in support of their team, and even if their team does win the championship. It improves our life not one iota. What is really sad is I know I am as guilty as anybody on here.

16. I took it back. I'll give him credit for honoring his bet.