Rod Storage

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by CDL, Oct 29, 2008.

1. CDL

CDL

Anybody have any tips on rod storage for the winter? Currently I have them standing on end against the garage wall, but I use them fairly often. I'm concerned that I might see some permanent bend in them if I leave them that way for a few months. I was considering building a rack to hang my rods horizontally on the wall, but I wanted to get some people's thoughts first.

2. I usually stand them upright in a corner. IMO its best to take all the line off of them since I usually replace it 1-2 times a year anywayz.

3. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

unfortunely mine stand in a corner all the time. some kind of verticle rack probably wouldnt be a bad idea. i dont think keeping them in the corner will hurt them, hasent hurt mine.

4. I hang all of mine horizontally on pegboard.

5. I put mine in PVC pipe and hang from ceiling in basement and did the same in the garage,,,

6. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Bit by Musky bug

I ruined one of my jiggin rods from laying it in the corner one time, now I either lay them down or put them in a 55 gallon drum in the garage so they are supported low and not near the top, this seem to work, one of my freinds hangs them long ways in the rafters of his shop on pipes.

7. CDL

CDL

That looks pretty cool. I've got 6' long 1x3x1/2 that I was going to cut in half then make horizontal rack. I'd have to go buy more lumber to make one similar to yours. Also, floor space is tight in my garage so I need to start using the walls anyway. The one you made is definitely sharp though.