close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rod socks, Rod sleeves

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by hunt for bass, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Does anyone out there use these? I'm tired of my rod locker being a mess . I think this would really help me out. I'm looking at two (2) Bps #38-325-890-00 and http://www.stors-it.com/ . I leaning toward stores-its, I kinda like it, but it is a little pricey. Thanks

2. I have used the Bass Pro Shops rod sleeves for the past few years and love them! Every rod of mine has them. My rodlocker only has tubes on one side but rods in both compartments, have stacked rods with sleeves on in the non tube locker and no tangles, nicks, or any other problems. The Bass Pro sleeves are one size fits all and you adjust the strap to length. I believe they cost about $4.00? But I would pay more because they are woth it! I would definately recommend!!!! OVER

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

I use both the Rod Sleeves and the Lure Wraps. The wraps are great because it allows you quick access to a rod that is already set up and ready to go. As for the rod sleeves..This is one thing that I know I will never be without again. No more Rods getting all tangled up in Rods...To me, they are both "Must Have" items :)
    Marcia

4. I use rod socks when the rods are stored in the locker. Saves alot of wear and tear when they are transported and keeps them from tangling. I use the Drift Control Rod Socks (blue in color) made by Beckman. They come in different lengths to cover the entire rod clear down to the reel and fasten on with velcro on the opposite side of the reel. The Cabelas ones that my partner has seem nice too. They have elastic so "one size fits all".

Tim

5. Thanks for the info. I decided to go with the ones from Stors-it. I will let everone know what i think of these. Thanks again

6. Just came across a new "sleeve" and think I'm switching to. Strictly Bass had them with his display at Rodmakers Shop, and Ray said they are carrying them now. Name of company is Stick Jacket. It looks like a giant Chinese finger cuff. Had a demo at the show and they really do work good. Better protection than the nylon rod sleeves that I use now and looks like hooks will be easier to remove because hooks will and do find their way into any rod protector! Just some info..... Over
    Also have a website www.stickjacket.com

7. Are there any cheaper options out there? While I have a couple poles in the $50-$100 range that would be worth a $7 - $10 wrap, I have also own ugly sticks and assorted other poles that don't deserve the aforementioned wraps, but I also don't want to be inconvenienced by breakage due to rod locker jams or various inadvertent acts of destruction. Maybe i'll just lure my wife into sewing fishing pole socks from fleece that are the shape of 7' condoms, but I doubt she'll bite.

8. Well, went with the ones from stors-it. So far i really like them. I've been out twice so far and they seem to work great. I did end up with a hook in one of the socks but it came out rather easy. It is just nice to be able to reach in the locker and pull out the rod that you need without taking them all out. You know the rod you need is allways on the bottom with 7 or so rods on top of them. lol

9. Ohiojmj....Don't use felt, if and when it gets wet for whatever reason, it well NEVER dry! and stink!!!! Bass Pro rod sleeves about the cheapest I've found, around 4 bucks. over!

10. Zazz,

If the rod sock is like a giant Chinese finger sock, how do you get it off once you put it on the rod ?;-)

I forgot to add the Rod Control socks are about $8/pr. Any ones you get will be way better than none-that's for sure. Lots less scratching/abuse on the rod blank and way fewer tangles in the rod locker. I'd like to get a look at the Stick Jackets and the Stors-It socks sometime.

Tim

11. They slide off easy, if you push from base near the reel to the rod tip. Nice thing also is they don't flap in the wind while running. I was skeptical at first till I saw a display in person. Definately the best I've seen. OVER