close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rod & Reel Found Sat. 08/30 LMR

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TeamPlaker, Aug 30, 2008.

1. TeamPlaker

TeamPlaker Fishing Deadbeat

I've found lots of broken rods and reels along the way, but I think someone had to have forgotten this one. It's a really nice baitcaster in perfect working condition.
    If you or someone you know lost a rod and reel lately (probably Friday night or Saturday morning) at the LMR (not giving the exact location, sorry, don't want to fish with 50 extra guys tomorrow) you can PM me with the detailed description and you will receive your set up in the condition I found it in.

2. TeamPlaker

Wow... no responses thus far? Maybe the fishing gods have smiled upon me and rewarded me for all my good deeds.... if they only knew.

3. I found one in Troy 2 weeks ago and put ads in the papers but nobody claimed. Mine was just a cheap spincast combo though.

4. TeamPlaker

I found an ultralight in the same spot last year... the reel was fine but the rod was broken... someone trashed it because the rod broke and apparently wasn't smart enough to figure out that you can take the reel off and buy a new rod. Can't complain... got a new ultralight reel out of it. It's a shame people don't leave full rolls of unused spiderwire around... I'd never have to shop.

5. or a kayak and a six-pack

6. was fishing in Rush Run up north of Hamilton and "caught" a rod and Garcia spjn cast reel. The reel had been in the water too long to be functional.

7. I got snagged a few years ago and reeled in a spincast combo at the carrige hill lake

As far as I'm conserned it "finders keepers" if someone is dumb enough to leave their rod and reel on the bank somewhere thats their problem.

I have to admire you for trying to find the previous owner though.

8. TeamPlaker

Believe me... a nice set up like this I would love to own it, but I try to keep a WWJD? mentality and I just didn't see Jesus stripping the mono and loading it up with spiderwire without trying to find the owner first. :)

9. cantsleep

cantsleep 3rd shift blues

Of course not. I'm sure Jesus prefers flourocarbon.:)

10. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

LOL Good One

11. TeamPlaker

Haha... yeah, that was pretty good.

12. My friend found a minnkota trolling motor in about 2' of water at alumcreek a few years back. funny thing was when we got back to the truck and hooked it to a batttery it worked !!!

13. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

We were fishing Lake Cumberland once and back in a cove found a JETSKI! No other boats around, we were really far back in an isolated area. It had been under water for a long time by the look of it, just sitting on a bank covered in mud and muck. That was funny. I still think back and wonder of we should have tried to start it.

14. iteech

iteech Shebasser

Two summers ago I was bank-fishing in a private lake (big lake) with a rod on either side of me, baited and on the bottom. I was casting a lure with the third. Suddenly the rod on the ground to the right of me went zinging into the water--it was so incredibly fast I could not get it--it was actually AIRBORNE for a millisecond! I was sick at losing my best rig--but even sicker that I could not SEE what did that!:mad: I was mad for a week. I went back to that lake for only the second time later that year--probably Nov or so--and on my first cast, I pulled in what I thought was a big stick or piece of trash. When I saw it, my eyes popped out. It was my rig, line broken, but otherwise in perfect shape. I dried it out and it worked perfect--I'm still using it! I have dreamed what that was, though--if it was a big cat, I don't care--but if it was one of the many 10-pounder LMBs in that lake, then I will mourn for years. So it's better I don't know???:p

15. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

come on, whats wrong with catching a big cat?!!!?!?!?!?!

16. TeamPlaker

Well, I located the owner of the rod and reel I found, contacted me via PM yesterday.

17. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Awsome man! Hats off to you :)