Ohio Game Fishing banner

Rod Rack

3K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  katfish 
#1 ·
Made this out of scrap crating wood. One by fours would be ideal. I made it in two sections so it could be easily moved. Took about four hours to make and holds 22 rods

See less See more
#9 ·
i still like that,ron.almost built one after the first time i saw it.
i think theonly change i'd make,would be to add a piece on the underside of the bottom support,to keep the rods off the floor,making it easier to move.

#14 ·
lewis,that would make for a great housewarming gift from a "thoughtful" friend :D ;)

#15 ·
I made something very similar for the back of my truck since I don't have much rod storage space on my boat. I used some insulation on the inside of the wood where it would come into contact with the rods. You can buy the kind that has adhesive on the back so it will stick and your rods won't get nicked up.

Eric

#22 ·
Warpath said:
JBJ,

Scott actually uses the Berkeley rod holders in his gargae to keep the rods off the ground. I think he uses the version that has the rolling lock on it. It looks pretty cool, I just don't have any room for it in my little garage or I'd do the same thing.

Eric
I'm out of room in the garage at this point. Plus I wouldn't want my rods out there over the winter since it's not heated. Heh! It's not even insulated.

#23 · (Edited)
oh for the love of pete dont i have enough projects without you guys coming up with ones for me Sigh funny how those types of projects jump to the front of the list brr lil chilly in here better get back to the furnace project first. but once that is done. The rod holder is next that looks like a fun lil project.
________
HEMP

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.