close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rod Holders

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by tvfisherman, May 26, 2004.

1. The wife and I just moved into our new house and we're trying to come up with a some kind of shelves or something the store my rods in the basement. I don't have nearly as many as most guys on this site probably do. I only have 4 rods plus two fly poles. Suggestions anyone? I told her if we got a boat I'd store em in there but I just got "the look." Anywho, looking forward to hearing some ideas. Thanks gang.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I've seen guys make some real nice holders using PVC pipe. I think it's gonna boil down to how you want to store them...vertical or horizontal.

3. ive got the berkley rod holders. there great.they screw in the wall and your done... :D :D :D :D
    i also have some for my suv....i love them in the truck they save on space. and if you have a group of guys that go with ya it holds 8 rods.
    plus there cheap..i think about $10...
    fish4wall

4. bass pro shops have nice rod holders for $39.95 or 49.95,each holds up to 12 rods.I have one at home,they work better for the smaller rods like bass rods.Surf type rods don't fit as well.Hope this helps.daryl

5. Go get the berkley horizontal rod holders. I have two in my garage over my cars and never fall. and are out of the way. Try gander or galyans they both carry the or even walmart and under $15 you can't go wrong
    Bryan :D

6. JBJ

JBJ

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i made my own and it hangs from the rafters in the basement there was a pic here somewere i will see if i can find it, it keeps them out of the way and the kids cant get into them.

8. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

i agree with fish4fun... make your own. make what works for you. you are now a home owner, get used to building things. i'd rather spend 20.00 on material for something that suits me, than pay 50.00 for somebody else's idea as to what works for me. remember, it was another guy's idea that suited him...not you! as a home owner, i've learned a ton of stuff. get "do it you're self" books, or get a bud that can teach you what you need. i've got a great neighbor that taught me a ton of stuff. i can dry wall and finish, do a fiber glass repair to my boat, we even resided my house! DO IT YOUR SELF is much more satisfying than paying some guy and 10 to 20 times more. heck, sears wanted 20,000.00 to side my house, and we did it for 2,000.00 our selves. my house looks great, now. i bought the material from a place on silver drive. DO IT YOUR SELF is cheaper and VERY satisfying. :D p.s. i know where a really cheap boat is for sale. it's a tri-haul, looks about 16' and has a 115 h.p. johnson motor. great motor. but it say's "as is" on it. that's all i know about it. it's down the street from where i live. anybody interested in it, p.m. me and i'll check it out with you if you're are interested. say's 400.00 on it.

9. catking

catking Banned

The "get a boat to store them in " is a CLASSIC!!! :D THE CATKING !!!

10. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I use a gun rack I bought at a yard sale for cheap.

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

here's what i made you can make it quick with a hole saw and jig saw hangs from the rafters and works great.

[​IMG]

12. You can always put them on one of the walls in the basement and make it YOUR room for YOUR sport. One side for Spinning rods and one wall for Ultralight or Fly. So many options you have. Go down in the basement and sit there for a second and look around and let the ideas come to you. Don't let your wife sit on your lap while you are thinking about it because then you will be influenced as to what you descision will be.