close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rod Holder Base ?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Keith R, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Keith R

Keith R One On The Turn

Can anyone identify this rod holder base and tell me which rod holders they fit. I think they are 4' X 4"

Thanks in advanvce
    Keith R.

Attached Files:

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

3. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Attached Files:

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

yea, that looks like a very large tite-lok base. must be pretty old or homemade. newer ones are much smaller, but the bolt patterns look the same. if your looking for rod holders to fit that base, www.franksgreatoutdoors.com has tite-lok triples(comes with 3 holders,will hold 4 holders) for a little over $120 each. its what i run and theres nothing wrong with them. a bit of slow to adjust sometimes, but you can deal with it, after all it'll be time spent on your TROPHY:p i just looked on line and cant find the whole set of triples for $120, just the triples base. for $40, if you want them, id call them and ask. i know they had them a few months ago.

5. Keith,

Looks exactly like my Tite-lok triple pedestal bases.

Tim

6. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

tim's right. i just went out and looked at mine too. the one krusty posted is for a single, not old or homemade.:confused:

7. Keith R

Keith R One On The Turn

Found it online. Tite-Loc model # 5760. now I know which rod holders I will have on my boat.

Thanks,
    Keith R.

8. Look at both the holder with the allen head screw and the other with the spring pin. The allen head screw is a PITA if you take them off when storing or to adjust the angle while fishing. (need allen wrench to tighten/loosen. I have not dropped the allen overboard yet!) I only have two on my boat but I will not buy another like this. They do not move though I will give them credit there. Some folks who use the spring pin type might be able to comment on the plusses and minuses of those.