Rocky River Steelhead

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RStock521, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Anybody been having any luck on Rocky River for steelhead? I go to OSU and thinkin about coming up for the weekend to give it a shot...

2. The silence is deafening.....can mean, yes(great fishing)-or, no(noone's tried it quite yet). I prefer to think the latter. I bet the next good, substainable, cold rain will bring a bunch up the river/s(I'm assuming you mean IN the river??). I'd try off one of the trib's breakwalls-like maybe at Fairport. Throw some cleos's or roostertails and see what happens. They have been in the harbor and off the river mouths staging for a week or so already. It's a might early for the rivers yet. Some "freezing" temps(yep, I said freezing!) forecast for next week-that could do it.

3. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

Maybe ...........

4. haha yah, I meant IN the rocky river, my bad. I see theres a little bit of rain coming in for wednesday night and Im hoping some fish will come in. I checked the cleveland metroparks blog thing and they said a few fish are starting to come in, but they don't update it enough for me haha. I'm pretty sure I check it everyday.

5. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I went last night, only saw 2 rolling. had no hook ups. we need a good rain

6. Ive been at it for a little while caught a few and seen some caught but nothing in any numbers. Unless your coming up for other reasons i would wait until we get a good solid rain and another push of fish.

7. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Weatherman said we should get 1" of rain tonight.
    That'll help, the river's are waaaay looowwwww.

8. This rain should be very good for fishing the rocky. I am still debating whether to hit the rocky or grand on saturday? Oh, choices, choices?

9. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Was down at the Rocky this a.m. - we got a lot of rain!
    River was totally blown out. It was flowing so hard it was making the docks
    at the boats ramps lean. If they got as much rain out east, the Grand will probably be blown out till next week.

10. dfox

dfox

they went up, they come down. The chagrin/rocky spiked really well but are coming back down QUICK. It would have been nice to have a real blow out for several days (so I can fish monday when you all go back to work), and to blow out the silt/crap etc. It looks like the rocky and chagrin will be ready soon, the grands gage is screwed up. Should be some fish, plenty more later

11. ryosapien

ryosapien Bad@

it's pretty funny every time i say to people (non-steelheding) man we need rain when it doesn't rain for like a week they look at me like i am whacked. I think we are the only people who think it is great to have an overcast cold autumn day with rain.

12. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

any good numbers of minnows in the river???

13. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

not in huge number,