Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on hitting Rcky River for smallmouth for the first time. Can anyone tell me how far up the river the bigger smallies get? Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I dont know how far the big ones run, but I can tell you that I dont usually go farther than Morly (sp?) Ford.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Theres a few good holes back behind memorial field. Find the War Dog memorial and just head on back. Ive used mostly crayfish (live and plastic)and had pretty good luck. Got a 4 pounder there last week.
Kids catch the crayfish and I catch the fish

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info...I'm heading there this evening and will give you guys a report tomorrow.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I spent the whole day down there today I went to Memorial field area and managed to pull 4 Small mouths. I worked a good 2 miles of the river today both sides. I crossed at the ford then worked my way back to Memorial field area. There was lots of activity in the river in that area I saw everything from Carp to Gar's. The Small mouths I did see were defending there beds I cough mine on a small Rattling trap I bounced around where I saw them defending. Thanks for the advice tm1669! Ohhh! almost forgot I did see two Steel head

·
Registered
267 Posts
Glad to help. Those Gar are great for the garden, if you can get them. I threw a few in the ground and I had tomatoes as big as softballs. Nasty things though.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Spent a few hours down there again after work yesterday and got 2 Small mouths same are by memorial park I did see 2 steel head mixed in with a large school of carp. before I left I took a little exploration hike and found an area that looked like it would produce small mouths for sure but it was kind of dark so I'll report on my findings when I get a chance to get back out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts