close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rocky River Smallmouth?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mark34, May 20, 2007.

1. I was planning on hitting Rcky River for smallmouth for the first time. Can anyone tell me how far up the river the bigger smallies get? Any info would be appreciated.

2. I dont know how far the big ones run, but I can tell you that I dont usually go farther than Morly (sp?) Ford.

3. Would like to go down there fishing but not sure where to go and what to use any help would sure help.

4. Theres a few good holes back behind memorial field. Find the War Dog memorial and just head on back. Ive used mostly crayfish (live and plastic)and had pretty good luck. Got a 4 pounder there last week.
    Kids catch the crayfish and I catch the fish

5. Thanks tm1669 I will give it a try.

6. Thanks for the info...I'm heading there this evening and will give you guys a report tomorrow.

7. I spent the whole day down there today I went to Memorial field area and managed to pull 4 Small mouths. I worked a good 2 miles of the river today both sides. I crossed at the ford then worked my way back to Memorial field area. There was lots of activity in the river in that area I saw everything from Carp to Gar's. The Small mouths I did see were defending there beds I cough mine on a small Rattling trap I bounced around where I saw them defending. Thanks for the advice tm1669! Ohhh! almost forgot I did see two Steel head

8. Glad to help. Those Gar are great for the garden, if you can get them. I threw a few in the ground and I had tomatoes as big as softballs. Nasty things though.

9. Spent a few hours down there again after work yesterday and got 2 Small mouths same are by memorial park I did see 2 steel head mixed in with a large school of carp. before I left I took a little exploration hike and found an area that looked like it would produce small mouths for sure but it was kind of dark so I'll report on my findings when I get a chance to get back out there.