close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rocky River smallies

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by corndawg, May 30, 2008.

1. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Fished the upper Rock this evening for a couple of hours and was well rewarded with these two brutes and about a dozen smaller ones. All released unharmed. They were all caught on Berkley powerbait 3” smelt on a chartreuse jig and a Gitzit crawfish tube jig worked slowly on the bottom in deep pools. Visability is 15”+, also saw a couple of beat up steelhead in the river too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice Pics....not too much better than fishing the smallies when they are active. How far up river did you fish???? Without giving up your honey hole off course. lol.

3. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

I was at the rock today and I was say visibility was a lot greather then that where i was fishing. It might be the clearest I have ever seen the river.
    I seen the bottom everywhere I fished. Nice job btw

4. wow. nice brutes....musta been some nice little battles landing
    them....
    nice job !

steely123

5. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Erie
    It’s the same area that I catch steelhead when they're in. It’s the public area south of the boat docks but north of the big rock and fallen tree. ;)

LS
    You’re exactly right, the water is gin clear. I fished where I couldn’t see the bottom.

6. Seems like time well spent. Nice Fish!

7. castmaster00

castmaster00 very avid fisherman

has anyone seen smallies that big by the harpersfield bridge? thats the only place my family can fish and there seems to be large numbers of medium smallies there. srry thats the grand but anyway.

8. Fished Rock today. Caught 4. Best luck on original Rapala (black/white). One fish about 14". Water was a little stained but perfect IMO.

9. me and my uncle cought 3 yesterday that were 13+ all on the same tube once we lost them all we didnt have any luck. got to find the majic color. no bites on the same bait in the same area the only change was color

10. were you by the Concrete Thingy??

11. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Just south of the concrete thingy but north of where the blue heron is standing.:p