Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Anyone ever fish the Rocky in Medina? I've heard rumors that steelhead can sometimes make it that far. Never seen anyone fishing it though. I moved to Medina 2 years ago and have been driving over it along it and by it every day.

Thanks
Lj

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hey all,

Anyone ever fish the Rocky in Medina? I've heard rumors that steelhead can sometimes make it that far. Never seen anyone fishing it though. I moved to Medina 2 years ago and have been driving over it along it and by it every day.

Thanks
Lj
Yup. I've caught them but no sense trying much now. We haven't had enough rain to really push the fish past some of the obstacles. I won't try the upper reaches until March or April. Not saying you can't go do it but they aren't going to be there in numbers. Even if we have enough rain, by then you got fish spread out all over the river system. If you live in Medina and only have a short window to fish...ya I say go for it but not worth your time if looking for numbers. Best to go down low.

·
Skunked Often
252 Posts
What about small mouth down there?

Might be worth trying for them as well as trout. If you have some time and a good spot might wanna throw a roooster tail, jerk, tubes, etc if your having no luck on a jig or spawn sac.

But I suck at fishing so take it with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What about small mouth down there?

Might be worth trying for them as well as trout. If you have some time and a good spot might wanna throw a roooster tail, jerk, tubes, etc if your having no luck on a jig or spawn sac.

But I suck at fishing so take it with a grain of salt.
I'm right there with ya man lol last two trips been skunked so I shouldn't give any advice

·
Registered
932 Posts
You can't go wrong with a small rooster tail once the warmer, sunny days start. You'll catch all kinds of species and maybe a surprise steelhead. You're on the right path....good luck fellas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts