Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Erie Bytes Fishing Team
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It couldn’t have been a nicer day. We started in 53’ northwest of Rocky River and caught a lot of white perch. Moved to 55’ and started catching. All were caught deep. Dragging weapons with a slow retrieve worked. Nothing on the bouncers as there was no wind. Did catch two bonus 13” yellow perch too and almost no flies

·
Erie Bytes Fishing Team
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We launched at the Emerald Necklace marina. It was a zoo with all the paddle boarders and kayakers and a few clueless boaters but still well worth the aggravation.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
We launched at the Emerald Necklace marina. It was a zoo with all the paddle boarders and kayakers and a few clueless boaters but still well worth the aggravation.
Is this to imply all paddle boarders and kayaks are automatically clueless? Lol

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That’s odd I have fished out of a kayak for 20 years and have never tied up a ramp. In fact I try to use other launch points at all cost so I don’t even have to use a ramp.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I am not the one who started it. His comment was a slap in the face to kayakers and reinforced with ALL kayakers. His comment of “a few clueless boaters” infers most boaters know what they are doing.

·
catchin my own bait since 1957
1,234 Posts
I am not the one who started it. His comment was a slap in the face to kayakers and reinforced with ALL kayakers. His comment of “a few clueless boaters” infers most boaters know what they are doing.
All kayakers are not clueless, but it can be hard to prove some days at the Rocky :p we launch out of there frequently and the vast majority of the ones that use the Rocky ramps and river qualify :rolleyes: especially the twice a year adventurers who never had a clue and think it's a riot clogging up everything ... throw in a couple idiot boaters and a few dozen amateur paddleboarders and it's a real cluster screw there on any weekend or holiday ... this coming weekend you won't need a boat, you'll be able to walk across the kayaks and paddleboards

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
I hate getting involved in these conversations… But this is the problem… People view "kayakers "as some sort of significant group that are all unified together... it's not… Everyone is different...

he even said in his post… A few clueless boaters...Stop freaking taking offense to everything!

·
Registered
164 Posts
It couldn’t have been a nicer day. We started in 53’ northwest of Rocky River and caught a lot of white perch. Moved to 55’ and started catching. All were caught deep. Dragging weapons with a slow retrieve worked. Nothing on the bouncers as there was no wind. Did catch two bonus 13” yellow perch too and almost no flies
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I hate getting involved in these conversations… But this is the problem… People view "kayakers "as some sort of significant group that are all unified together... it's not… Everyone is different...

he even said in his post… A few clueless boaters...Stop freaking taking offense to everything!
you are right. I am sure if I said “all boaters are clueless” it wouldn’t cause a stir. My bad. You are right. I am sensitive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts