Rocky River Again!

Discussion in 'OGF Frontpage News' started by mischif, Jun 29, 2011.

1. So I went to the rocky river again these past two days and I got rewarded with this guy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then there was this fella yesterday,

[​IMG]

2. Nice! The one is a tank.....did you get a tape measure on it

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

3. no, I didn't....I always forget to bring a tape measure. I just need to invest in a scale or something because I don't like guessing weights or lengths because I feel like i over compensate haha. If I was to say what I thought this guy weighed I would say it felt/looked in the 3 pound range but that is just an educated guess. could've weighed more...could've weighed less

4. You're killin' em! Nice work. Stop by a dollar store and buy one of those little tape measures. They're small enough they'd fit in the smallest pocket on your vest. Scales are great, but not always convenient for wading. Get a length/girth, and you can get a pretty close estimate on weight.

5. Wow

Wow Will Yak For Food

Could you give us a better angle next time.:D --Tim............................................................................................................................................................. Ammused monkeySM.jpg

6. I've never fished on the Rocky River. Without giving away your secret spot, could you tell me a good place to enter and fish. Thanks.

7. salmon king

salmon king the steel head hunter

Hey Mischiff are those neoprenes your wearin?

8. Nice fish josh, that first picture definitely does that hog justice.

9. Nice josh! that's what i'm talking about.. them small mouth are no joke! 3 pounds all day

10. yeah i think it was around 3 lbs, especially after i saw that picture you showed me of your 3 lber.

11. Ross

Ross

what the hell is wrong with you bluegillmaster?

12. Mischif;
    What were you throwing at the fish ? Jig - Top water ?

13. I was using a watermelon/gold flake tube

14. Damn I wanna choke that dude

15. rickerd

rickerd 1 fish is a he!! of alot more than none.

Awesome fishes dude. You probably caught the biggest smallies of the summer on that river. Anyone who fished the river can find the area with the background in your photos. No need to give out the spot.
    I'm going to give the smallies a shot this saturday morning with my 2 daughters in yaks. We will be much lower but looking forward to my daughters catching a few. I may have to catch a couple to get them started. We'll see.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Rickerd

16. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Awesome fish man!

But seriously, are those neopremes?? In this weather?!?

17. JamesT

JamesT Banned

Woop Woot!!!! Nice thick fish!!! That stretch looks like its out of the appalachian mountains, schweeet!