Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
7/26... My bad... Fished the West Branch of the Rocky River from 4:00-7:00pm. Ended up with 5 smallies and 1 creek chub. First creek chub I have caught on a lure. First 2 smallies came close to some structure (fallen tree) and were caught on a rebel craw and a mepps black furry spinner. Next fish came in some riffles on a soft plastic craw. At around 6:30 as I was working my back I started throwing my tiny torpedo and fish started going crazy. First cast fish hits and is "quick released". Next cast... same thing. I realized my drag was screwed up from playing around with it when I was snagged. After a couple more casts I got the creek chub. Landed 2 more smallies shortly after. Fish were on a frenzy, even hitting my line in the water. Eventually turned off and I tried one more spot with no luck. 3 fish in the 8-12" range and 2 dinks. Hope to get back out soon and get some bigger fish. Anyone else having luck with smallies on the Rock recently?? Snapped this one pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
have had horrible luck there lately. maybe i need to just keep walking up the river to find these spots. I dont know how you do it

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bigdaddy! Maybe I'll see you out there sometime haha. Not near the mouth as it was the West Branch of the river. Next time I hit the river I plan on going more toward the upper stretches near the mouth and hopefully find some bigger fish.

Sorry about your bad luck theguy, could just be beginners luck for me. As for locations on the River.... This is my first summer fishing so I'm pretty new to this. I searched threads on this site to get me started. In the end for me it has just been about getting out there and exploring, trying new techniques each time out and probably some luck! I have caught fish on just about every lure I've thrown and in all different types of water and as far up as the mouth and down to the West Branch. Haven't had success all the time, but just trying different things has helped me find a few fish each time out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts