close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rocky Fork

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Buzzman, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Hey guys and gals, I haven't frequented the SW Forum to much - hope that everyone has been culling fish this year.

My wife and I are thinking about exploring the bass fishing at Rocky Fork this weekend. I ran a search on the site through the forum, and read some disturbing posts that included the word "e-coli" and fish kills in the spring. So here goes the questions:

1) Should I be worried about fishing this lake?
    2) Are there environmental issues with the lake?
    3) It looks like the carp and catfish populations have suffered from some of the earlier posts. Has the bass population sustained itself through the issues that affected the carp and catfish?

Any other information on getting started on this lake is appreciated.

2. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I dont bass fish much there but fishing in general has seem have been very poor at rocky fork this year. :confused: Hopefully next year will be much better and the carp will be as abundant as they were before. :) The only thing I caught good numbers of this year at rocky fork wew trout and perch.

3. Traphunter-

Thanks for the reply. Although it sounds like the lake may not be having its best year, I think I'll still head down to do some exploring on Sunday. I'll be sure to post a report back here when we get back.