close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rocky Fork?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Stampede, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

What's things like at rocky fork.I read the reports about the dead carp.Is this still going on?I've only been there a couple times but am planning on taking the boat up fri. nite for some cat and carp fishing. Is around the islands a good place.What areas are the best for cats.Thanks

2. went over last night for a few hours....we were all over the lake and didnt see or smell very many dead carp at all.......

3. catfishinfool247

catfishinfool247 Highland county catman

The lake has went to crap buddy but if you're interested in catfishing,fish the area around kelly's cove at the point on the entrance,along the south shoreline to fishermans wharf,and the campground area but beware it is extremely shallow around the campgrounds.

4. catking

catking Banned

catfishinfool247 knows this lake as well as anybody around. Take his advice ;) THE CATKING !!!

5. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

If rocky fork has went ot crap maybe i'll head to paint creek.

6. catfishinfool247

catfishinfool247 Highland county catman

Paint has been slow since the spawn but we are just now starting to catch a few channels here and there on cut bait(shad,chubs).They have been coming at night in around 8-12FT. of water with deeper water adjacent to it.NO giants an occasional 8#'er but most average around 2-3#. Pre-spawn we totally slayed the cats on Paint with a couple over 15 but the past month has been slow to say the least.

7. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I dont know about now but a couple weeks ago there were over a 100 dead carp in one cove! :eek: They think the what caused it was a virus called zerimia SVC. I have also seen alot of dead bluegill and cats in the dumpsters! :mad: