Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a heads up, the SWOCC is hosting an Open catfish tourney on Nov 2nd, 8-3 pm at Rocky Fork lake, North Shore Marina/ramp
$25 per person, unlimited number on boat ( Kayaks welcome with live sack) 6 fish, 100% payback, placing dependent on entries,
Contact me or VBowler for more info

PS Rocky Fork has an excellent population of high quality channel catfish so there should be some great weights, traditionally winning weights here are in the mid 40 lb range for 6 fish ( 7+ lb ave) and big fish is in the 12-14 lb range

Salmonid

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, still working out some details and wont have a set schedule until February probably and then have to get permits from the parks, stay tuned.

Salmonid

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
My boat should be ready for next season. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reminder....
Please remember there will be a Catfish Tourney at Rocky Fork Lake this Saturday Nov. 2. It will be 8a-3p $25 per person no limit to number of fishermen on each team. 2 pole per fisherman. It will a 6 fish limit with no more than 2 channels over 28" or 2 flats over 35" We will be Launching from North Beach Boat Ramp. This is the ramp located right next to Bayview at Rocky Fork Lake They should be open before the tourney if you need and snacks or anything.

Any questions... let me or Vbowler know, expecting 13-15 boats so far and weather wont be too bad

Hope to see you guys there!

Salmonid

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
While your sitting at home watching the pouring rain today...just a reminder that Sat weather seems pretty good and this may be the last shot for folks to get that competitive edge off before Ole man Winter shows up...Looking like a good turnout...
Are any of the Kayak guys gonna show??

Salmonid

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
While your sitting at home watching the pouring rain today...just a reminder that Sat weather seems pretty good and this may be the last shot for folks to get that competitive edge off before Ole man Winter shows up...Looking like a good turnout...
Are any of the Kayak guys gonna show??

Salmonid
Man thats tempting. Im thinking about it now.

Can us kayak guys launch from any boat ramp?....just check in at north shore?

I assume teams are per boat, but what about yaks?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sounds awesome but not sure of how to pull it off from a kayak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sounds awesome but not sure of how to pull it off from a kayak.

If theres a will theres a way.....,......and im willing. Just need to work out details first. I dont think we can win, but I think it would be fun to compete with boats.

Can you switch our sunday trip for saturday?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It didn't register that the 2nd is Saturday. Cheer competition and trick-or-treat Saturday. So I'm all tied up.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Unfortunately I cant make it. I went to buy a car tonight and ended up walking out with an appointment for Saturday.

I hope we can work out some details for next year though. Catfishing tournaments in a yak would be awesome.

·
Registered
468 Posts
How did the tournament pan out? Did anybody get to fish it from there yaks?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tournament went pretty well, 12 boats but no Kayakers showed. winning weights were 42 lbs for 6 channels. steady wind made it challenging for us who stayed in the main lake and we managed to finish 4 lbs out of the money ( again... its been our year to finish one decent fish out of the money) Lake was 56.5 degrees and lots of bass and crappies guys out also. Trees were beautiful as well.

We are doing another one in the spring so you kayak guys can join us then, just need a burlap or decoy sack for a livewell.

Salmonid

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ever catch any shovel head out of RF?
I grew up fishing RF and Paint Creek. Maybe the biggest shovel head I have caught came from RF on a pig and Jig in a bass tourney about 20 yrs ago and have caught others shovel head there.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ive not seen one in any of the tourneys there but the bait shops have pics every year of some nice fish, they are in there just not in big numbers Locals limbline that lake to death...

Salmonid

1 - 20 of 20 Posts