Rocky Fork 6/9

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crank, Jun 9, 2008.

1. crank

crank

Made the haul to RF early this morning since GMR and CC are reportedly too swollen to fish/launch. RF lake was a bit high, but the docks are fine and I had no trouble. I put in around 6am and threw topwater, crankaits, jigs/grubs, spinners, and plastic worms. Nothing. I didn't take a temp, but the water is warm and unusually weedy in the shallows for this time of year if memory serves. I trolled around a bit before leaving at 9am and marked a lot of fish in the 12'-20' range on the southeast ledges.

Got skunked, but that's one beautiful lake in the morning.

2. Fished this morning. Temp 78 Water good condition. Trolling caught 1 saugeye, 1 bass, and 3 very small perch.

3. bass

bass EAT SLEEP FISH

Fished the Monday evening bass tournament and it took over 11 lbs to win we only had two that weighed 5.3 lbs

4. Went to RF Saturday at 6am water was around 70's. Throwed a spinner& crankbait catch a small one then fished around the dam water was clean my parnter lost about a 6lb line broke man needed that fish.then went up then lake toward the campground water was muddy from all the rain but it wasn't moving down the lake that fast. It took 16lb to win

5. Chillbilly

Chillbilly Kayakfishing Ohio

Yellow Perch? I didn't realize that they were in RF. Can someone clarify?

6. Hey Skeeter, What tournament was at Rocky on Saturday.

7. Fished tourney Sunday , took 15 something to win it. Big fish was 4 something....lot of fish brought to scale.

8. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Yes I have caught many Yellow Perch out of Rocky Fork. It's all about the timing and location if you want to get into the numbers.

9. AEFISHING

AEFISHING Crappie Freak

like traphunter said, lots of them if you know where to look. I haven't got into many big ones there though.