close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rocky chrome yet?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by bigcats28, Aug 31, 2007.

1. bigcats28

bigcats28 I'd Rather Be FISHING

Are the chromers in the rocky yet?

2. The only chrome you'll find in the rivers right now came off an old bumper! Give it a while its way early.

3. bigcats28

bigcats28 I'd Rather Be FISHING

Haha..yea I guess your right. I'm just getting a little excited about the season rolling around, but I'm sure everyone is right?

4. when exactly is 'the season'? sorry, i only got into this late last season. but i'm itchin' to get a jump on it this year!!

5. It's when ever you want to start fishing for them. Depending on river conditions, they could start coming in soon.

6. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

I caught a few last year in the first couple weeks of september.
    If you do catch one early, watch the your handling and do not keep them out of the water long. If you want to release them that is.

7. If ya really got the itch the best place to start early is at the river mouths. They "stage" here before heading up the rivers. I don't know where you can do this on the Rock but some rivers have a breakwall at thier mouths that make a good spot for casting spinning gear. I caught my first steelhead around the middle of September off of a breakwall. It's not as fun as being on the river and fishing a current to me but is a nice change of scenery.
    After you start seeing em here they are just waiting for a cold downpour so they can make it into the rivers. I see boaters on the Lake Erie board are still catching em out on the lake so I would wait.

8. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Great answer!!!!!!!

First we ask then we ask "are they in". Then we want specific spots.

9. thx for the info.

...i'll warn the wife. :D