close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rocky 11/27: Was it me?

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by HerePishyPishy, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Was it me or was Rocky extremely slow (fishing) this morning? I had one on for 5 seconds and saw another on for maybe 20 seconds. I heard reports of some lucky a bit upstream but saw nothing else hooked where I was. I threw multiple colors and both steely and salmon eggs.

Any luck?

2. bigcats28

bigcats28 I'd Rather Be FISHING

Was also out with three buddies of mine and only caught one between the three of us. Talked to a bunch of guys and they had the same, lousy luck. I did get out monday and caught two on consecutive drifts in the afternoon, and my dad hooked up with one his first time ever steelie fishing.

3. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

No big run of fish in the Rocky yet. East side is getting lots of :B .

4. I hear the rocky will be good this weekend

5. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Did the fish tell you that??

It should be perfect this weekend. Of course perfect does not mean the fish will bite. :)

6. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

I fished the rocky last weekend, failed all over myself :p

I'll be back. *is made of metal, with red eyes, and fake awesome muscles*

7. BuzzBob

BuzzBob Take a Dad fishing

Fished an upper stretch of the rock today and didn't see anything, feel anything or smell anything that resembled a fish. Did find a canoe but I'll make that a separate post.

8. I was out there today. Neither 3 of my buddies or myself got any, but saw 3 fish get landed by other people. Fished right by the nature center and between the two bridges by Lorain? and 480? (i think those are the roads)

9. BigDaddy300

I heard the East side tribs will be on fire!

10. Well to follow up on this... Rocky is bad from what I can tell. I know some of you are aware but there just doesn't seem to be good quantities in the water. I have fished many holes over the last few days and a fish here... there...but nothing consistent. I went 4 for 5 Friday afternoon which at this point I consider really good for the Rock. I hardly see anyone else in money holes doing anything either.

Go East. Unfortunately, I didn't because I don't know those waters very well. I want to try to get out there with someone who knows the waters for a start.

11. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

I've been hearing really good reports from the Rocky as of late!!! East is dead!

12. BigDaddy300

Contrary to some rumors the Rocky has been slow! Many more fish out east. You just have to know where to go and how to catch them.:)

13. Same thing with the Rock, you just have to know where to go! THe fish are defintitely in there! :)

14. BigDaddy300

Not denying the fact that they are in there. There are some, not just as many as there are in the eastern tribs. East side gets all those PA fish also.

15. More fish equals more fishermen too! :)

16. BigDaddy300

More water out east to spread those fisherman out.

17. and from my experience tougher access. The easy access of the rock makes a lot of spots too crowded. But i guess walking is the solution to the problem in either case.