close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rockwell Springs Trout Club

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Hetfieldinn, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Forum member Trout7 invited me and ShortDrift out for a day of fly fishing at Rockwell Springs Trout Club. ShortDrift and Trout7 are veteran fly fishermen. I can't really remember ever having a fly rod in my hands. The clubhouse and grounds of this club were beautiful. We enjoyed a fantastic breakfast, then went outside for a very quick lesson in fly fishing (for me). I was all thumbs at first, and clearly out of my element, but was willing to give it a go. I ended up catching eight brook trout, and 12 rainbows. ShortDriftcaught just as many brookies, more rainbows, and ended the day with a brown trout. Trout7 certainly caught his share of fish. It was amazing watching those guys work dry flies, and watching the fish come up and inhale them. I started getting the hang of it (or doing a bit better at it) when it was time to go home.

Attached Files:

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Some more pics

Attached Files:

3. Yeah RS is pretty cool, Ive fished there maybe a dozen times, even taken a steelie there, nice water with what they have to work with there on such a small space on Little Pickerel Creek, fishing is always good there since when you pay that kind of money, it should be.
    Thanks for the photos....
    Salmonid

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I was actually shocked at how cheap it is to be a member and fish there.

5. Gotta thank Trout 7 for a super day of trout fishing. It has been several years since I cast a dry fly for trout and enjoyed it more than you can imagine. Ending the day with the Brownie was really GREAT!

6. Is there a website or number I can call to get info on this Trout Club? Thanks.