close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rockmill Lake Lancaster 11/7/04

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishintiger, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Went down to Rockmill lake in Lancaster again today. I caught a bluegill and another fish that I am not too sure on what it is. Can one of you help out? It was sunny and warm. My girlfriend and I only caught 2 fish. Well I caught 2 fish. She lost a bluegill at the bank. She isn't having very good luck the last couple of times out. The water was lower today than it was last weekend.

[​IMG]

What is this fish? I snagged him with a rooster tail in the dorsal fin.

2. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

That's a shad...

3. Thanks. That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure.

4. FISHERLADY

FISHERLADY Fish OH Master Angler

5. Tilesetter

Tilesetter GET THE NET

That's great bait when they are alive. Pretty good size too. next time you snag one put it out on a catfish rod. Although I don't know if rockmill is a good cat lake or not.

6. I don't think it is that great of a cat lake. I don't think it is big enough or deep enough for the big ones. I know there are some small ones but I think that shad was bigger than most of the cats that are in there.

7. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

ODNR released 550 catchable channel cats 3 or 4 years ago. I caught one cat this year, about a 12'' channel. That lake is pretty shallow till you get down by the dam. I'm going to try a little harder for some cats next year.

8. You guys are gonna talk me into trying rockmill again. I've only fished it once and didn't get much

9. I've gotten a couple of decent fish out of here. I haven't tried fishing down by the dam. The last time I was over by the dam there was a lot of sticks and stuff floating and I didn't think I would be able to get anything right there, but that was a couple years ago. Have you tried fishing the outlet of the dam on the other side of the hill?

10. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I actually did try that early in the spring. It looks good but I had no luck. The walk there and back will make you healthy. I'm going to try wading it next spring.