Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow tore em up this morn by the dam!! had one three pounder and others were on smaller size, but all in all good morning with the boy:) used trusty roostertail!! not many spots to fish from bank here though only a few real good ones.... good luck all anybody know other smaller lakes,ponds around canal or carroll area?? thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
Not many down that way. Rock mill still have a bunch of lily pads on it? Last time I was down there was last fall to waterfowl hunt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea that was makin it very difficult to find any spots at all from shore.There are a few big ones in there if you can get em out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ya, I agree not too many good spots from shore. Although if you don't mind a short hike there are a few good spots on the wooded side of the lake. I caught a nice 4 pound large mouth over there early this season on a green jigg. Also done o.k. with artificial shad.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey hoffa- If your boy is under 16, Chestnut Ridge has a really nice pond w/ 2 docks. My boy catches bluegill and large mouths all day on nightcrawlers. The ranger said there's also some cats in there but I havn't seen em' yet. Somtimes I'll throw a line out myself but we never keep any; C&R for another day!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanks morning jigger. i wasnt sure fishing was permitted there or not.so its kids under 16 only though??? sounds like fun for my 7yr old; he is now getting the hang of baiting,unhookin and releasing and doing it all. so thanks again.... gonna try rush creek soon never been.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
I caught my biggest bass ever at Rockmill. I have not been there in years, but when I would go there they had a bunch of beavers everywhere. When you would walk up on them they would slap the top of the water with their tail real hard and dive under the water.
I was fishing with a buzz bait and a huge bass hit it. I should mention that AI was 13 years old and I honestly thought that I had hooked one of the beavers by accident. I was pretty relieved and excited when I discovered that I had landed a sizable bass.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there are some big ones in there;that was the biggest i had pulled out of there though. thats a cool memory about the beavers :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
The beavers are still there. I have only seen one or two this year though. At first I couldn't figure out what they were but, If you sit still enough they will swim by you. My boy loves to see them too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts