Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Keep'n It Reel
1,543 Posts
That would be great for shooting docks and toons. Wonder what the action on it is? Something tells me it is POS!!!
:D HeHe!!!
Sowbelly

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
does it have infinite anti reverse:D

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
This is not all bad it could get some younger kids into fishing. keep the sport alive. i saw a similar one on tv a year or so back.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
We bought one for our son to use at the lake this summer - he's 2. He's definately not ready to cast yet. We bought this online - way before I saw them at Walmart............

Haven't tried it out yet............but really neat concept.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
As stupid as it looks I think anything that gets kids into fishing is a good idea!!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
My daughter begged for one of those. She has a nice rod and can cast it but she just HAD to have one of those. It took me about a week to convince her it was for younger kids. lol She just turned 8.

·
Registered
694 Posts
How stupid....The only thing I hate about hunting and fishing is all the gimmic products. My nephew is 2 (3 in Jan) and can cast 20-25 feet with a little ice fishing set up I gave him and as a matter of fact caught his first fish today. I bet the bobber actually functions right for the first 10-15 casts...or is it a cast?....Dumb!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Come tell me how stupid it is after he hooks himself in the face or better yet - YOU in the sack!

I'm sorry, but I don't want my 2 year old son casting just yet. Hooks are too sharp these days and he's just too young. Hell, he can't even drink from a regular cup all the time without spilling it!

I think it's a really good idea - that's why I bought one - especially to get young kids out and exposed to fishing - without the fear of hooking themselves or someone near them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Come tell me how stupid it is after he hooks himself in the face or better yet - YOU in the sack!

I'm sorry, but I don't want my 2 year old son casting just yet. Hooks are too sharp these days and he's just too young. Hell, he can't even drink from a regular cup all the time without spilling it!

I think it's a really good idea - that's why I bought one - especially to get young kids out and exposed to fishing - without the fear of hooking themselves or someone near them.
For the record, I have a hard time drinking from a regular cup without spilling it.

Maybe I need one of these :p

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
I saw those at walmart the other day.

·
Registered
680 Posts
what a gimmick. It's not the rod that gets a child interested in fishing, it's catching a fish.
My 5yr daughter will cast her barbie rods without a problem as long as she catches a fish now and then. I really don't want her fishing for the rod because once the gimmick of it wears off, she'll be done for good..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts