rock bass!

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Fishaholic69, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

caught 7 or so decent rock bass on a black wooley bugger today. then right before we left I got a big strike! took me to the reel and spun out my drag as I palmed it! then guess what it was!!! who knows what it was, cause after it did that it came off my hook!! :mad: maybe coulda been a cat or sucker fish. maybe a bigger bass? who knows? guess sometimes ya win some and sometimes ya lose some! always next time.

2. Might even have been one of those golden bone fish we have so many of. :eek: I've caught more than one of those on wooley buggers. What a blast, all you can do is hold on until they decide to stop!:D Sounds like you had a good day.

3. Utard

Utard

Where were you fishing? What other species are in that water? Sounds to me like either a cat or as mentioed-a carp. They both kinda just grab it and run like a freight train. Not much you can do to stop em. Black buggers could be used for either one, but I'd lean toward a carp. Good times!

4. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

its the vermilion river. there are gills,chubs, bass, sucker fish, cats, carp and who know what else! crappies , all that good stuff ya kno!