close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rock bass

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by Pikemandu, May 9, 2005.

1. the streams seem to be doin well so far, hit indian saturday and didnt catch but between 1 and 3 an hour but they were large for a creek. The average gill i caught was about 6 or so inches, rock bass was around 10 inches. there hittin chart. poppers and sneaky's so if you are/or know some one who is learning to fly fish now is the prime time to learn in the streams(and quite fun i might add).

2. thanks for the report. I'm looking forward to picking up some rocks and gills soon on the Chagrin and Grand.

jm

3. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Hey wi

where do you fish the chagrin? I fish there summer rarely/never see another flyrodder. Lots of dinks but passes the time and every once in awhile......

4. This will be my first season flyfishing the Chagrin. I've fished Daniels park a few times, but I'm thinking about trying the South Chagrin Reservation one of these days. I did some scouting at the South Chag this spring and found some spots that look pretty good, e.g. near the waterfall. Access to the river is a bit tough because of the steep banks and loose earth, but it appears to be worth getting dirty.

Have you fished the south chag? I haven't read any reports and I'm curious to find out how the fishing is.

JM

5. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Wi,

email me at kibarg@aol. com. I've fished that area for awhile (about 20 years). Always looking for people to go with.

6. Anyone Flyfish in south west ohio. Go to 4 mile creek and Big Miami river sometimes...