Rock 11-23

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by corndawg, Nov 23, 2008.

1. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Instead of watching the Browns lose again (I did listen to it on headphones) I headed down to the Emerald Necklace. Asked a couple of buddies to go with me but they wanted to watch the game, their loss. It was still somewhat crowed and saw a lot of cars from other states but found a couple of holes that were unoccupied. Vis was 12-15 with a nice green color although the flow was slower than what I like. The First place that I was at was below some riffles that went about 3’ deep. Caught one there and lost two on a black/ white jig. My toes started to get cold like they always do so I headed to another spot. This was a fast chute about 4’ deep and picked up 3 there on uncured eggs in nickel size pink sacks almost one after another and had one shake the hook. All in all went 4 for 7 in around 3 1/2 hours.

Some pics from today
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Is that orange line? Do you use a clear leader?

3. midoh39

midoh39 member

Me and my dad fished the rocky yesterday. For about 5 hours with only one hook up. One guy said to us that it was on fire( we mustve got there right when they shut off)I was out there at 6:30 this morning. I hook up thats it. Saw one other fish on a stringer. I had a very hard time reading my float, and nothing would hit anything. I'm going to try it again around new years.

4. He's probably using Siglon F with a fluorocarbon leader. That's the same setup I use.

5. corndawg

corndawg Go Bulldogs!!!

Arch is correct, It’s Siglon F 10lb test (its dia. is actually .010 so it’s really 8lb test) blood knot to 3’ of 8lb mono. Then the mono is tied to an ant swivel then 3’ of 6lb fluoro. The nice thing about this set up is when I get a snag I only lose the hook or the 6lb fluoro, everything else stays attached.

6. Fishaholic69

Fishaholic69 Fly Fishing Addict

even tho I fly fish I also use a flouro leader attached to a very small barrel swivel. I hate tying blood knots out there with cold fingers!I rather tie a improved clinch

7. fishing pole

fishing pole Off the beaten path

Thanks. I do not spin fish but was interested in if you were using a leader with the orange line. Thanks