close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Roaming Shores

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stinky Fingers, Aug 14, 2007.

1. I've been looking at homes on the internet and I see quite a few nices waterfront (lake front) homes on Roaming Shores in NE Ohio. I lived in Parkman/Nelson Ledges area most of life and didn't even know there was a lake up in rock creek area.

Can someone tell me more about the lake and the homes in that area?

2. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Sorry Dude they do a complete backround check before they even show homes in that community!
    DC

3. With my past reputation and the fact that they have a bar you can drive to via boat I should fit right in! Hopefully its gated so I keep folks like you from bothering me!

After living in florida and seeing the cost of waterfront. Homes in ohio are cheap!

4. LOL! Will they let me in with Summit County plates??? :S

5. Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken I AM THE VOICE OF REASON!

Jason, I got this one NOPE!
    DC

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  6. Thanks Larry but I don't think there are many people who would try and stop Carl!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  7. J,

I almost bought a house there about 15 years ago. If they'll let me move in, they'll let anyone buy a house there.

The lake used to be a pretty good fishing lake, but I haven't snuck in there for about 20 years. Lot's of nice Bass and Crappie.

Wes

8. Hey BD,

You're work car won't get you in either, it is not a fancy foreign job that yuppies prefer

9. No fancy foreign car here either....if that is the type of community there then little american 1 ton dually 4x4 with its clattering diesel should fit right in! LOL Didn't realize a bunch of yuppies would live in the middle of nowhere.

10. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

if my brother can get in there with his race car, dually, quad, guns and firecrackers, i think anyone can buy a place in roaming shores.. has anyone ever fished there? I am heading up there this weekend and was looking for points to try..he lives in the neighborhood now....... I practice catch and release. please help.....

11. Fishers of Men

Fishers of Men Senior Member

Hope you like the snow belt then!
    You'll have to get a snowmobile to get to the bar.

12. Character Zero

where is good place to fish at there? I am not familiar at all with the neighborhood or the lake. Just looking for some help while I am staying at my brothers place. If you see us riding a black quad, thats us. Stop and say hi and pound some beers.........

13. turkeymikey

turkeymikey turkeymikey

If you can afford lake front property it is a nice place to live. It is ALL township roads and it is not gated at all. The water and sewer is quite expensive as it is owned by the assaoation and was too small when put in so, there is always upgrading to it. Which is passed on to landowners.

As far as the fishing goes it does have some great Bass and Crappie fishing. The one big problem about Roaming Shores are the jet skis!! They are everywhere on it. In the mornings though you have the place to yourself.

If you hunt there is some really good deer, turkey and waterfall hunting within a couple miles of it.

And snow!! They do get their share! It is in the snow belt and it does get hit. Overall it is a really great place to live. There are a lot of really good people and it safe! But..it is expensive!!

14. Character Zero

thanks turkey....my brother is pretty much right at one of the community pools, or a cast a way....we fished and only got a dozen or so bluegills. . . .

15. I moved into roaming shores a couple years ago, its nice, but lots of rules and other bs... one bad thing of the lake is there isn't much area on the lake that someone cannot be watching you, as in, if you gotta let the beer out you been drinking and you are on your boat, you'll have a hard time not being noticed...

they do have a nice bar (paradise bay) you can dock up to, right next to the Rock Point marina, food is really good there, as they have a restaraunt as well, has a nice big deck to eat on. crappy thing this year is they are installing a gate at the only lake boat ramp that only residents can buy a key for I believe $10.

I just bought a quad also, a red honda 300ex, figuring being out in the boon docks there has to be a place to ride out here, but neighbors seem quick to call the police if your making racket in there neighborhood. So if anyone knows where to ride out here, let me know!!!

Best place I found to get the LM and crappie is right in the middle in front of the dam, use a brownish orange jig and you can get a boatful of crappie and a few bass!

Anyone got any info where the walleye are on this lake let me know!!!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  16. Character Zero

redhot:
    my brother lives near one of the pools..on a side street. . he has a quad and loves doing wheelies...he goes to the bay once in a while. I am sure if you are out riding and go by his house, he will be out shortly...thats just the kind of guy he is... he is a newbie to fishing also. has the patience of a 5 year old...

17. you will have to let me know the name of the road hes on, theres a whole lot of side streets over here, :)

Went out today for a couple hours this evening on the brother-in-laws fishing boat, not even a nibble, tried minnows, rapalas and crappie jigs, oh well, better luck later I hope...

18. Character Zero

i know its off morningstar... close to a pool....