close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Road Runner Slam?!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jgaylord, May 29, 2007.

1. I spent Saturday on Alum and Sunday on O'Shay pitching nothing but an 1/8 oz. roadrunner with a white twister tail. Here's the tally:

Dozens of white crappie
    Dozens of black crappie
    Sauguyes
    Smallmuoth
    Largemouth
    Channel cats
    The biggest white bass I ever saw
    Rock bass
    Warmouth
    Bluegill

All C&R, what a blast!

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Yeah those runners are universal for sure. Just about anything that swims (including misfit) will bite one :D

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

roadrunners...............gotta love 'em:)
    :p
    misfit is definitely hooked:D
    it's to the point i won't even tie on anything else for crappies now,LOL.and white bass love them.
    picked up a couple saugeyes on them last week too.
    i heard another ogf'er picked up several crappies this morning,while trolling roadrunners on hoover;)

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I can get these at Gnader MTN right? what size do ya find the best. and of course color and blade depends on conditions. looks like i might have to give these a try. i know a little pond where some LM and Gills might like em.

sounds like a nice, good catches.

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

here we go again!!!
    and i dont think misfit could swim shakedown:C

6. Good going, jgaylord. I love road runners. I started using those about 2 years ago on a lark and haven't stopped using them. Didn't even know they were called road runners. I had them in my tackle without the labels but loved them to death. They were just another lure to me that was kicking all of my other lures' butts in productivity and variety. The only thing I have left that I want to catch on one is a walleye out of CJ. Probably won't get my chance this year, 'cause I'm switching over to a crawler harness, but I'll let one drag around on my second pole just in case ;)

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:p misfit COULD swim like an olympian.the key word is "could":eek: :D
    but that was 75 pounds ago when he could breathe,LOL.now he would sink like a rock:eek:

bubba,you can find them at gander.i like 1/16 and 1/8 ounce for crappies,white bass.1/4 ounce would be good for bass.most have silver colorado blades,but gold,willow leaf are good too if you can find them.
    chart.,white,blue/white,chart./black are good starters for crappie.chart. or chart./black would be good for bass.twistertails,tubes.
    one of my biggest bass came on 1/8 ounce chart. w/chart. tt.about 5 pounds from a pond.

spidey,i've heard that 1/4 ounce rr's are a secret erie walleye weapon;)
    i've seen lots of saugeyes caught on them.

8. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

9. Steelwolve

Steelwolve COCC- Director

Nice haul!! Those fish on O'shay are being very agressive right now! Was there last night myself and we ran though 12 large shad (cut in 5 peices) in 3 hours. The Channel Cats were on non-stop all around 3-5lbs. BTW Jgaylord did you get that fridge replaced?;) I was the guy out for your Icemaker. Happy fishing and good luck this week with the crowds up there.

10. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

Road Runners are amazing!

I was out this past weekend on the jon boat at a local reservoir and ended up catching a ton of LM Bass (12-15") on a Texas Rigged Finesse worm. The next night, I went back out but this time my sister (17) tagged along with me and my dad. I put on a 1/8 oz RR with the 3" Twister tail for her while I continued fishing the Finesse worm just like the day before.

Long story short, I continued to catch awesome numbers.... but all basically in that 12-15" range (except for a few higher/lower). She doesn't catch anything on this one side of the reservoir, so we move and she starts pulling them in left and right. She even ended up with a nice 17" LM Bass that was probably in the 2-2.5lb range.... pretty nice for this place.

She was using the gold willow blade type by the way. I meant to buy the other type of blade, but I guess this was a happy accident.

11. Hey, Steelewolve. Got the fridge workin' with a little spit, bailing wire and duct tape. Did the roadrunner thing again at Alum, today, and got a real variety. Got several channel cats along the rt. 36 rip rap. One of them was a mule, about 10 or 12 pounds.