close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

River

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by ohioredneck08, Sep 28, 2005.

1. ohioredneck08

ohioredneck08 Redneck

are anyof you all catching anything at the river im thinkin i might go to the Ohio and a creek off of it but im not sure if this weather is gonna mess with with the fish or not?

2. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

The river is wayyyyy up. But i did manage to catch a 5 pound flat and a 2 pound channel today.

3. ohioredneck08

ohioredneck08 Redneck

were going to a creek off the ohio are they up too?

4. Where the heck is the river up at :confused:

5. Hey Truck, the Great Miami is totally blown out and its headwaters got hammered with rain while the rest of the state stayed dry several days ago ( last Sat i think they got like 4"of rain) anyways at Troy, it was up 11 feet!!!! now its only up about 4-5 feet and it slowly dropping, we hope to get out Friday night south of Dayton on it for cats and looking at the gauges, it might only be 1-2 feet high by then. Crossing our fingers!

I was on the Ohio in Louisville this week, (not fishing but looking around) and it was low, but totally muddy, maybe 1-2" of visability, that was kind of weird.

Salmonid

6. I had no idea it was that high.Man I wish the Big O would flood :) Oh well it has to sooner or later.

7. ohioredneck08

ohioredneck08 Redneck

well i started getting bait today gots lots of goldfish i got in a cast net
    bout 4 dozen 4 to 6 inch shad and bout 6 17inch to 18inch shad
    should be covered!:)