close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

River walleye question

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by Walleye Mafia, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Walleye Mafia

Walleye Mafia Proud Walleye Addict

I am brand new at fishing the river and my dad and I are interested in trying it for walleyes (or sauger). I was wondering if someone could help me out with a starting point as far as tactics and general location around the steubenville, toronto area. I dont want any secret spots or anything just a general starting point. We are planning on jigging some and maybe pulling some bottom bouncers and spinners. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

2. bladebaits and spoons are magic right now, deeper rocky area's during the day, 2-5ft at night

3. THE WHITE WORM

THE WHITE WORM WOBBLE-WOBBLE

If You Take Off From Steubenville Head Up River, Just South Of The Islands Are Some Nice Deep Water Humps, Is Good Summer Spot, But They Are Very Easy To Catch In This Pool, Any Of The Usual Spots Creek Mouths, Drop Offs, And Any Place With Some Current. Find A Spot Where The Channel Cuts Close To Shore And Troll Any Deep Diving Crank, Hot N Tot, Shad Rap, Reef Runner, Ect. In About 12-15 Feet Of Water And You Are Sure To Hook Up With Some.

4. Walleye Mafia

Walleye Mafia Proud Walleye Addict

Thank you guys for all your help!!! We appreciate it!!!

5. lead core line and a stinger spoon in any color seems to work good right now .

6. Fish at night, cast 1/8 ounce jig heads, with 2 inch chartreuse twister tails tipped with medium size minnows on the bottom into the rocks and you will catch Walleye on the Ohio River. The end of October through the middle of November is prime time for this tactic. It gets cold but you warm up as the fishing heats up…….TightLines!